GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience with the Torquemaster Torq Loopz
exhaust pipes for the gl1800. If so, is there a noticeable improment in power or gas mileage? Fill free to jump in.

Thanks

Dray

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Don't think you'll gain anything but a different sound.

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
You want LOUD buy a Harley
Only then will you be cool

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Anyone had experience with the Torquemaster Torq Loopz
exhaust pipes for the gl1800. If so, is there a noticeable improment in power or gas mileage? Fill free to jump in.

Thanks

Dray
Dray.Torquemaster shows a dyno sheet that shows a 5% gain in mileage.But realistically.forget about it.because you'll void that if any by playing with your right wrist with the new sound.

I have the Daytona's.and a friend has them with the loops.The loops get rid of the 3K drone that is there without the baffles.I run the baffles.So I'm not bothered by the drone.
What the Loops do is turn the bike into a true dual exhaust,and it does sound a tad better.But the loops main function to me is running without the baffles and no drone.:thumbup:

"All" aftermarket mufflers suffer from a 3K drone.
Alley cat/Cobra/Torquemaster.Haven't heard about the $900 a set on the V&H yet?.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
"All" aftermarket mufflers suffer from a 3K drone.
Alley cat/Cobra/Torquemaster.Haven't heard about the $900 a set on the V&H yet?.
Haven't found that to be the fact with my Alley Kats the last 200,000 miles! :thumbup:

I think it depends alot on your helmet/windshield combination.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Haven't found that to be the fact with my Alley Kats the last 200,000 miles! :thumbup:

I think it depends alot on your helmet/windshield combination.
Good point Red..
I based my comment on what was reported from guys who bought them and didn't care for them who then sold them here.

Good to hear about the V&H too.

The bottom line I think here is "Hearing" just how sensitive is yours compared to the next guy.
We all know Harley guys like sound right.And lord knows we have read the guys who don't like the sound too..lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed the Loops and Torque Master mufflers with the extra baffles. I liked the sound, but when pulling my trailer, it was too loud for my liking. Sound bouncing off the trailer maybe? I put the stock mufflers back on, but left the loops on. Stock mufflers sound different than I remember. Because on running the loops instead of the cats maybe? Anyway, I'm very happy with the sound now. Loops plus stock mufflers. All mater of opinion.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Pro DJ by trade so sound is kinda my thing. I also ride with a half helmet with speakers in the ear pads so sound hits my ears at almost the same decible as not wearing the helmet.

For what it's worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts