GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 1800 where the previous owner rattle can painted the exhaust shields down by the foot pegs a different color. I'm not a fan of his color choice, so I want to have them repainted back to the original OEM color. If you look up the shields on the Honda parts fiche, the description says that the color is Vernier Gray Metallic, paint code NH168M. My first step was to call Color Rite and see if I could get the paint through them, but they don't sell that color. They have all of the factory colors and frame color, but not the exhaust shield color. I called a local auto parts store that sells automotive paint, and they couldn't do anything with the NH168M paint code. Any ideas as to a source to get Vernier Grey Metallic (NH168M)?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Contact any automotive paint supplier (the shops that supply paint to autobody shops.)

The paint suppliers I am familiar with have a handheld electronic paint 'reader' that can scan the paint and provide the shop with the formula to mix that colour. The shop can custom blend the colour in a small batch and bottle it in a spray can. It is not expensive.

Tim

·
Registered
519 Posts
I "rattle canned"mine with black pickup bed coating. I did the same to the lower cowling. It was simple to do and those two parts were easy to remove. Makes for a nice ground effects.>:)

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Select something very similar. No one will know the difference (except you) unless you tell them.

Reactions: BILLYJ
1 - 5 of 5 Posts