GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew the color code or exact name of the silver paint on the exhaust shields. I hit something that fell off a truck in front of me that left some scratches. No other damage, thank goodness!
Thanks!:serious:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
If you're going to paint just one, you might want to reconsider and paint both to color match your Wing.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I opted for bed lining on mine. Never a scar or a scuff, and touch ups are easy. Just an option to consider. As a side note, I did the same thing on my front lower cowl. The chrome on the plastic was starting to peel and was quite dinged up. I could have replaced it for $107, but opted to make it match the bike for about $8. Some prep required, but the results are great and very durable.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
DupliColor #BFM0225 Medium Charcoal Metallic (1B) is a replacement for their DSFM225 and is OEM color used by Ford. I took one of the toe warmer doors with me to the car guy store to ensure a good match and found this was pretty decent and when primed with their Scratch Filler primer and a bit of Scotch Brite maroon for prep then covered with their clear coat, it turned out beautifully. Like others, I suspect I'll wait until the season is over then do the bug collector cowl. Just thought I'd throw the numbers out their so you don't have to spend $35/can for paint from the UK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the look MountainRider got with the bedliner and suspect it's pretty durable. But, thanks RedBag for the colors and numbers! Now, I just have to decide which way to go. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts