GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a fresh 2nd hand GL1800, but I find the exhaust tone to be quiet for my taste. I want to replace my oem muffler with any aftermarket muffler that can add some masculine tone. I found this site 4wheelonline.com that sells Rush and Cobra exhaust system. Can somebody testify or share their thoughts about this brand? Also once I change my oem exhaust with a slip on pipe, do I have to re-jet the carb in order to run this thing perfectly?

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
It's fuel injected, no carb adjustments required.:roll:

Several companies make pipes for the 1800 wing.

Torquemaster is one:
http://torqmasterpipes.com/

You should be able to find several threads on the board about add-on pipes, and other methods to increase the volume.

And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
108 Posts
commonlaw, I purchased the Rush exhaust with 2.50 baffles. It really brings out the sound of the 1800, nice but not real loud. I ordered from Westendmotorsports in PA online they are offering 15 percent off this weekend. Very nice people to deal with. These just slip on and no re jetting, they recommended a hard reset of ecm (disconnect battery and then reconnect and run without touching throttle until fans come on). Hope this helps, Ray

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Below is a video with the Vance & Hines Monster Ovals.

I will warn you though.... they will drag the ground from time to time if you ride like this...

I just picked up a set of the new cobras but it's going to be a while before posting any video of them.

Hope that helps you

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The Rush pipes will be the louder of the two also Rush has a 2" baffle but most sites aren't listing it yet. I just ran across these at Revzilla but I haven't been able to find out any more about them as of yet.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bassani-4-slip-on-mufflers-for-honda-gold-wing-and-f6b-2012-2014

I just bought a fresh 2nd hand GL1800, but I find the exhaust tone to be quiet for my taste. I want to replace my oem muffler with any aftermarket muffler that can add some masculine tone. I found this site 4wheelonline.com that sells Rush and Cobra exhaust system. Can somebody testify or share their thoughts about this brand? Also once I change my oem exhaust with a slip on pipe, do I have to re-jet the carb in order to run this thing perfectly?

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I've had the same set of Cobras on my '01,04,06 and 10. They replaced the tips when the chrome started peeling for free.
My V&H is on tip set #3. Chrome peeling issues. They have replaced them for free but it's getting old having to deal with it.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have Daytona TorqueMasters now but I heard a wing with the new 6 into 6 Cobras the other day and I liked that sound...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
commonlaw,

hopefully you will dyno your Wing prior to changing the exhaust and after to show us all the change in performance.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
DJ Fire - thanks for mentioning that the V&H will drag! I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of the 19407 which are longer for the Gen II (2012- up) I have already ground through two sets of footpeg buttons as well as scratched up the bottom of the lower fairing on both sides severely. You can't see unless you really get down low and look. I would have been bummed to grind on a new set of expensive chrome exhaust pipes.

Does anybody know if the Cobra tri-ovals (my second choice) scrape at full lean?

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I just picked up Cobra's new pipes but it will be awhile before I can tell you.

I should have mentioned my V&H drag from times to time and that is with Traxxion's strongest setup so a stock suspension will cause them to drag even sooner/worse.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I have already ground through two sets of footpeg buttons as well as scratched up the bottom of the lower fairing on both sides severely. I would have been bummed to grind on a new set of expensive chrome exhaust pipes.

Does anybody know if the Cobra tri-ovals (my second choice) scrape at full lean?
I forgot to mention -- get in touch with member PepsX. He makes skid pucks for the stock footpegs.

here is one of his pics...
(You can get info and order here: http://www.pepsx.com/products.html)

PM here: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/member.php?51885-pepsX

If you are dragging that much... you are going to want to upgrade your suspension. I HEAVILY suggest Traxxion Dynamics at
Http://www.Traxxion.com. Ask fo Dan and tell him I sent ya.

I will warn ya that a aggressive rider will drag parts of the wing, no matter what suspension is on it but the Traxxion performs the best. I drag parts roughly 10% of the time with my Traxxion vs stock suspension. (Yes, you can put a full blown racing suspension like Ohlins on there but it's overkill IMHO.)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just picked up Cobra's new pipes but it will be awhile before I can tell you.

I should have mentioned my V&H drag from times to time and that is with Traxxion's strongest setup so a stock suspension will cause them to drag even sooner/worse.
What model of the cobra's did you get?
I ride 1 up most of the time and run the rear suspension all the way up when riding aggressively through the turns. This also helps improve the steering angle for quicker turn in. I've been looking at the Traxxion system on and off since I purchased my wing last spring but, will probably wait until my stock suspension has more miles on it before I replace it and go that route. When I really want to ride hard I roll the Busa :twisted:

Thx for the info

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
New Bassani F6B Exhaust

Hello Everyone!

Curious if anyone has any experience with Bassani exhaust systems. I understand they have been making motorcycle exhaust systems since 1969. They have a new slip on available for the F6B. I think they sound great!!!

Take a look & listen...
YouTube Video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CClyT6zQFCk&desktop_uri=/watch?v=CClyT6zQFCk

I contacted Bassani and had a very nice conversation with Kurt. He informed me that they use a 2.0" baffle that is not packed or wrapped...nothing to wear and blow out or exhaust get louder over time... After extensive testing, they only offer 1 baffle. The exhaust replaces the entire cover/shield as in one piece. As far as DRONE...that dreaded word....There is absolutely NO DRONE at any speed with this exhaust. This was a concern and has been addressed.

The F6B exhaust system is polished stainless steel, unlike some of the other exhausts on the market. I was told that this exahust will not pit or rust over time like some of the other chrome exhausts on the market. After riding in the rain, ocasional polishing of the exhaust can be expected to maintain it's brand new lustre.

As far as black, that is not on the drawing board at this time. I told Kurt that many are looking for the black...he said they will consider it.

There is a choice of 3 exhaust tips. It was brought to my attention that if you opt for one of the 2 slash cut, you can angle it up, down or to either side. Kinda cool don't ya think??

I think I will be ordering mine very soon .... not sure what tip I want though.....decisions...decisions.

Hope this helps answer a few questions...

Bassani website link:
http://www.bassani.com/

Thanks in advance for sharing any experiences with the Bassani brand.

Ride Safe,
G

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bassani F6B BLACK exhaust in production

Hello all,

<<FYI>>
I got an email from Bassani today letting me know that their new BLACK F6B stainless steel exhaust is in production. Their new exhaust system is custom made (tuned) for the F6B. As stated before, I was told that this exhaust does not drone :thumbup:

Hope this info is helpful to those looking for a black exhaust system option.

Ride safe and often,
G

·
Registered
8 Posts
No need to spend the big bucks to get a good sounding exhaust. Just remove the muffler tip and drill out the spot welds holding flame arrester and discard. Then drill 3-4 3/8 holes in the end of muffler. I welded nuts over holes so I can install or remove bolts to adjust the amount of sound I want. Sound can be tuned to your taste with no drone. I have riders ask me all the time what I did to exhaust.
If you don't like put the bolts back and spend the big bucks. I have put the bolts back in only 1-2 times over last 2 years. If I did it over I would skip welding nuts on.
Sorry I'm not tech savvy enough to include a video.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
What flame arrestor?

No need to spend the big bucks to get a good sounding exhaust. Just remove the muffler tip and drill out the spot welds holding flame arrester and discard. Then drill 3-4 3/8 holes in the end of muffler. I welded nuts over holes so I can install or remove bolts to adjust the amount of sound I want. Sound can be tuned to your taste with no drone. I have riders ask me all the time what I did to exhaust.
If you don't like put the bolts back and spend the big bucks. I have put the bolts back in only 1-2 times over last 2 years. If I did it over I would skip welding nuts on.
Sorry I'm not tech savvy enough to include a video.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts