GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is better Vance & Hines or Cobra ? For new exhausts for better sound but not to loud!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I had V&H,Cobra 4" and Torqmaster,all too much after about an hour in the seat, the V&H were the only ones that I could feel a difference with the seat of the pants dyno but there not lightweights so a little of what you might gain is lost.

·
Registered
668 Posts
What is better Vance & Hines or Cobra ? For new exhausts for better sound but not to loud!
I just finished installing a new set of Rush MUFFLERS on my 2012 wing, great sound, they have several different baffles you can choose from to tune it to your taste.

·
Banned
792 Posts
When I want to hear loud exhaust I hop on my Harley. Personally, I like the sound of the stock mufflers but the turn down tip makes them look nicer IMO.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Don't rule out Alley Kats!! If you've never heard their sound; you need to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will ck out the rush and alley kats ,I went on youtube I like the sound of the rush! What dose anyone think of the corba six to six?

·
Chard Member
12,964 Posts
Don't rule out Alley Kats!! If you've never heard their sound; you need to.
I ran Alley Kat turn downs for a decade. Best sounding out there to me. They have a deep tone. Not tinney like some.
I started playing with stockers again. Got them sounding deep like the Kats but I was able to turn the volume up.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I installed Torq Masters about a year ago and really like them. They are a little more aggressive than stock but not overpowering. Nice mellow tone without high speed drone.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Drilled seven 1/2" in each muffler just now. On start up & rev it sounds good...sorta deep. Took it for a ride though and wow...the drone is waaaay too much! Gonna have to plug them up & figure on buying pipes. You folks out there running Rush or Torques have any drone @ highway speeds? Right me I think leaving it stock is going to be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Drilled seven 1/2" in each muffler just now. On start up & rev it sounds good...sorta deep. Took it for a ride though and wow...the drone is waaaay too much! Gonna have to plug them up & figure on buying pipes. You folks out there running Rush or Torques have any drone @ highway speeds? Right me I think leaving it stock is going to be the way to go.
Drone and louder exhaust can come with pipes, but the two you mentioned here have several baffle choices for your liking, I have Rush with a custom baffle, but tourqmaster is smaller company and he will work with you on baffle types, but if you want to squeeze it down too much just stay stock and be happy. Mine sounds more like a Porsche when I get on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went rush slip-one on my 13' F6B. Nice sound ... Adds a bit of base with out being too much. Plus u can choose the baffles that suit ur taste (decibel wise). The black finish looks nice with the black bike also.
Good luck in ur choice and b safe out there.

Bongohutch

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, I've decided to go a different route in regards to the exhaust I want. Since I've already drilled the holes in the back of the mufflers, I'm going to make a cover plate, drill & tap the stock exhaust end cap. That way, if I want loud...I just unbolt the cover plate & let it roar. When I want quiet, just install the cover plate...simple! I also decided to change the asthetics a bit. I've ordered a set 4" to 5" muffler tips and going to modify them to mount up to the stock mufflers. Should stand out from the back of the saddle bags about 4"-5". Should look pretty mean from the rear...a set of 5" double barrels, honking out the back. Here's the tips:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-691118/overview/

I'll post some pics when it's complete...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts