GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who demand riding to the fullest and love twistee roads. Try Hwy 28 between Bryson City and Franklin, NC.

I can tell you first hand that you will have your riding skills tested here. Much more turns and peg scrapping going on here. Turn after turn after turn after turn.

It is a FUN ride!

Good Luck to all who would like to try it.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
That is a great road, I agree. You can ride it hard or easy, it is accomodating to either.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Hey! That is prolly the single best stretch of road in the area.... Stop telling everyone!!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rode it last night and I can tell ya it is AWESOME! A real challenge at night. Pitch black and constantly changing. I didn't meet anyone coming from the other direction. Puts Deal's Gap to shame. LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
wingman57, you from around here. Rode that section Fri. haven't been on it for a couple of months forgot how much fun it was.

·
Registered
812 Posts
road

Have to agree 28 from Franklin to Lauda is a lot better than Deal's Gap. However, the number of housea and resulting gravel patches has increased dramatically in the last ten years or so. It is a condition affrcting a lot of the overall area as people move out of the big city.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
My vote goes to the Cherohala Parkway between Tellico Plains, Tn and Robbinsville, N.C.. 60 miles of smooth twisties. Everything from sweepers to tight and technical. This time of year, almost deserted.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Highway 20 between Willits and Fort Bragg,Calif. is twisty,,,,but then Calif has a million miles of great twisties,,,,,Be gentle on the pegs,,they do wear out if scraped too much!!!!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Rt 28 is in my backyard, and it is a fun road. Try the section between Franklin and rt 11, that's fun too.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
goldwinghen3 said:
Highway 20 between Willits and Fort Bragg,Calif. is twisty,,,,but then Calif has a million miles of great twisties,,,,,Be gentle on the pegs,,they do wear out if scraped too much!!!!!
We tend to keep our good roads a secret.
All Hail Deals Gap! Best road in the world! :lol:

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
galute said:
Hey! That is prolly the single best stretch of road in the area.... Stop telling everyone!!
I thought that was a secret!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bonneville Flats, is 'flat out', the toughest!!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
That's a good reason why you can ride a few of them that over a hundred miles long and rarely if ever see another vehicle.... I had that kind of experience on one of them recently and it was a 140 miles of pure wonderful loneliness.........................and of course fantastic motorcycle road!!!!

DaleC

·
Registered
812 Posts
haha

All Hail Deals Gap! Best road in the world
They name streets after people like you Nedro: "One Way"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
lets face it there really is not a bad road in that area. However the last time I was on 28 in Oct I met a big honkin motorhome coming around one of the 90 degree turns on my side. So watch out for aholes.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Re: haha

Analysttom said:
All Hail Deals Gap! Best road in the world
They name streets after people like you Nedro: "One Way"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got that right, I've never been accused of swinging both ways! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts