GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Experiences of rider w/ a passenger using Sena SRL with Intercom & CB radio welcome!

My wife and I would appreciate hearing the experiences of others who have the Sena SRL's (or 20S EVO's) who regularly use Intercom between rider and passenger, and in particular have the Honda OEM CB radio installed on their 2018 > Honda Gold Wing and have successfully used it to communicate with other CB equipped bikes or vehicles while still being able to (return to Intercom to) communicate between rider and passenger after speaking with someone on the CB.

Our SRL's are recently purchased, and we've been out just once together, so we still a lot to experience / learn, but we did lose intercom between us several times during the day, although we were able to easily reconnect by pressing the center button / bar and using VOX command: Intercom, which we could not do with our previous (non Sena) BT units. I also tried the transmitting out (TX) on the CB once, which caused us to lose the Intercom between us, which was not encouraging.

Thanks for your input, again, appreciated!

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
My wife and I have been using SRL's, 20S EVO's, 30K's' and Schuberth SC1's in a similar circumstance but between 2 bikes. With the latest update the volume of the radio goes to 50% when the intercom is active. Mine is the primary and if it disconnects I have to say anything loudly to reconnect. We think that she will have to press the center button to start a conversation.
Bluetooth is in its infancy and can be a little hard to get to work sometimes. I will not go back to hard wired headsets again.
The SRL seems to have a shorter battery life. The 20S EVO and the 30K can be recharged while riding, the Schuberth has a replaceable battery.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife and I have been using SRL's, 20S EVO's, 30K's' and Schuberth SC1's in a similar circumstance but between 2 bikes. With the latest update the volume of the radio goes to 50% when the intercom is active. Mine is the primary and if it disconnects I have to say anything loudly to reconnect. We think that she will have to press the center button to start a conversation.
Bluetooth is in its infancy and can be a little hard to get to work sometimes. I will not go back to hard wired headsets again.
The SRL seems to have a shorter battery life. The 20S EVO and the 30K can be recharged while riding, the Schuberth has a replaceable battery.
Yes, we've also experienced easy reconnect of Intercom - we think - by pushing the center button-bar and / or using VOX command: "Intercom," We'll keep in mind your experience and apply it next time we're out, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts