GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created a route with Honda trip planner, exported it to a thumb drive, imported it into the onboard GPS. Then I made several changes, saved the route with a new name, and tried to export the modified route to the thumb drive, but I get an error message that says "unable to export", with no explanation.

What am I doing wrong? How do you export a route from the onboard GPS to the USB drive?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Love The DCT
12,011 Posts
I created a route with Honda trip planner, exported it to a thumb drive, imported it into the onboard GPS. Then I made several changes, saved the route with a new name, and tried to export the modified route to the thumb drive, but I get an error message that says "unable to export", with no explanation.

What am I doing wrong? How do you export a route from the onboard GPS to the USB drive?

From page 29 in the nav manual:

Exporting a Saved Route:
You can export a saved route to the USB.

1.Connect the USB.
2.Select Export Route to USB on the Route Menu List screen.
3.Select the route to export. Select Export All to export all the routes.

:doorag:

·
Registered
7,559 Posts

I just went out and tried it and got the same result as you.

Didn't seem to matter if I selected 'export all' or just one I had renamed and edited.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Last night I went and tried it and got the same results as you. I even changed the name of the route, chose only a single route and still no luck. Then I created a route on the bike and tried to export it and got the same results. Weird I know. So then I got thinking about the user rights to the USB drive. I noticed on my PC that it wasn't shared with everyone and made the correct changes to share and give read and write permissions to everyone. Still no good. So now I am baffled about this issue. I just wonder if that last update has something to do with this issue and it has just now been noticed.

Big H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts