GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Cad to Chrome extended fork caps on my trike today. It makes a nice difference with the ride. Before I put a spacer on top of the Fork spring. It seems to ride much better now and the front end is a little higher. An easy job.
Dave Pomeroy

·
Registered
809 Posts
So you took the spacer out? How thick was the spacer and what rake kit do you have? Did you install new springs? Which type?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
So you took the spacer out? How thick was the spacer and what rake kit do you have? Did you install new springs? Which type?
TBJ - I have the extensions on the top of my forks. More road clearance. And Ted from NCal is going to add a pair to his CSC. We both have TRAXXION AK 20 kits installed as well.

I am having my favorite son-in-law make them, as he also made mine. They replace the stock fork tube caps, and the ones for TRAXXION AK 20 kits have to have the interiors drilled and bottom tapped for the rebound setting. If you want a pair, yell real fast and I will have him make a second set. He does it for $50 a pair for me. This is what they look like -

Left one is a stock cap (except for drilling a fill hole in the top)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
TBJ - I have the extensions on the top of my forks. More road clearance. And Ted from NCal is going to add a pair to his CSC. We both have TRAXXION AK 20 kits installed as well.

I am having my favorite son-in-law make them, as he also made mine. They replace the stock fork tube caps, and the ones for TRAXXION AK 20 kits have to have the interiors drilled and bottom tapped for the rebound setting. If you want a pair, yell real fast and I will have him make a second set. He does it for $50 a pair for me. This is what they look like -

Left one is a stock cap (except for drilling a fill hole in the top)
Harry, you have all the cool stuff. On top of your game for sure.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I already have them on my Champion rake kit. Just curious if he used the spacer still. I think I have worn my progressive's out. Looks like the front end is sagging. Ride is okay but I think I remember it being smoother. I keep looking at the traxion springs but haven't made the move yet.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
If you are still looking, hang tough until you can get the TRAXXION AK-20s and the replacement springs. WELL worth it on a trike. Ride improved a bunch, steering is much much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts