GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard the retail price for the 4 year extension for the GL1800 went from $690 to $800.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'd still get it. 7 years and unlimited miles is a bargain, even if it costs a little more. How much chrome can you add for 800.00 anyway?

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Florida...Im stuck paying retail...Ain't I ?????? :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
We just adjusted the price to reflect the new pricing. $529 our price, $800 retail.
Hal,

For those that purchased the extended warranty recently, what can we expect to receive verifying that our GW's are now warranted for 7 years?

Jim

·
Registered
784 Posts
But does that reflect the increase in price.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Even with the price increase it is still a bargain as far as I am concerned.

G

·
ShaneStump said:
BigBird05 said:
I see on eBay where ProCycle is selling it for $420 still.
Pete Hatfield posted on the other forum that his new price to GL1800 riders is $450.

Best Regards,

Shane
And as always we have a price guarantee that will be in place.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
ShaneStump said:
BigBird05 said:
Pete Hatfield posted on the other forum that his new price to GL1800 riders is $450.

Best Regards,

Shane
$445 is a SMALL price to pay for a LARGE peace of mind :lol: :lol:!

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
FireEater said:
I live in Florida...Im stuck paying retail...Ain't I ?????? :?: :?: :?:
It's my understanding that the state of Florida's insurance rules 'protects you' from buying this kind of 'insurance'.

I might be wrong on the details, but I believe that's the gist of it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
CyclinWing said:
We just adjusted the price to reflect the new pricing. $529 our price, $800 retail.
Hal,

For those that purchased the extended warranty recently, what can we expect to receive verifying that our GW's are now warranted for 7 years?

Jim
I odered my warranty from HDL as well. In about 6-8 Weeks you will receive a packet with an ID Card that contains your bikes VIN. It is also in Honda's Database as well. Really do not need the card because the warranty is attached to the VIN. Once the info is entered into the computer system....it is in Honda's hands. If there is a delay it is no fault of HDL.

RRP

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just received mine 2 weeks ago, I glad I did not wait nay longer

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
lol hmmm I need to get one by november. Was thinking I could make it but just got a medical bill in the mail for 3k....eek!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I was on the fence at the old price.. if I had not bought it already.. i think I would pass because of the price increase and just roll the dice.. I bought it on my 02 and never used it..

cosmic

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
I was on the fence at the old price.. if I had not bought it already.. i think I would pass because of the price increase and just roll the dice.. I bought it on my 02 and never used it..

cosmic
I agree – buy Fred’s DVD’s and save the rest for all the NEW GAS Taxes that are being planned (your going to need the extra money as they pass the saving on to you)

I did not buy the Extended warranty in 02 and did not even use the original 3 year also we got an additional two years on the motor because of the (NON) over heating issue. And that runs out this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ShaneStump said:
BigBird05 said:

Best Regards,

Shane
I just called Honda Direct Line and attempted to order the 4 year extended warranty. I asked them to price match the $420.00 price offered by Pro Cycle. I spoke to Jeff Smith, who said "there are too many scams out there, so we can't match that price".

JoeL

1 - 20 of 57 Posts