GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion on were to buy the best extended warranty for the GL1800 ? I am ready to buy but want the best deal......of course !

·
Registered
812 Posts
Agree. Best price I could find. If you can wait for a holiday they usually run a sale and it wwill save you a bit more. I couldn't wait, so i paid "full price".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Service contract

I had my new bike dealer match the online price from Direct Line (without holiday discount). I asked, they agreed after a day or two of research and verification it was true Honda Warranty.
I do, however buy a lot from Direct Line but also try to purchase at my local dealer to support them to stay in business.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Extended warrenty

Anyone used it? I,m about to on heated grips.

·
Registered
983 Posts
grips

the whole shebang is not working. Shop will troubleshoot in 1-2 hours. Just never used the warranty or know anyone that has.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
the whole shebang is not working. Shop will troubleshoot in 1-2 hours. Just never used the warranty or know anyone that has.
I've used the extended Honda warranty on my ST13009A. The problem was electrical, which was probably caused by a mouse chewing on the furl injector wiring. The warranty worked like a charm, although the dealer had many hours of work before finding the problem. Also, the warranty had expired prior to solving the issue, and I was the third owner.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I used the extended warranty on my '07 and it more than paid for itself. Two new hand control units, a new left-side switch unit (suspension control), new heated hand grips and a front brake rotor.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the extended warranty, and have used it once for the heated grips. My warranty expires on 7/2013. If something else goes wrong in the next 21 months it will have paid for itself. This is the only extended warranty I have purchased.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I don't believe the "trouble shooting" time is covered by warranty. Dealer may eat it, if you're a good customer?
I would ask they start by checking the left grip as that seems to be a high percentage of the failures.
Let us know, what is found.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts