GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have friend purchasing an 07 Level 2 and is still under warranty for a few months. What dealer has the cheapest price nowadays?

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
I'd start with HDL...but I'm so far out of a chance for any warranty I haven't looked in years.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah, our sponsor will sell your friend four additional years for $499.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
http://www.hondadirectlineofshadysideohio.com/extended.htm - Shadyside Ohio HDL dealership - ask Ralph for his best deal.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=1120&str=4 - $499 at present, occasionally goes on sale. I think the warranty still comes out of the Ohio store.

There was a midwest dealer trying to beat them by a few dollars on the "other board". Don't know if that is still offered. Don't let folks tell you to wait and save the interest - the price always goes up with time! Watch for another HDL sale (but only a small number per year include the warranty).

Remember that this is considered insurance in Florida, and cannot be discounted there.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Have friend purchasing an 07 Level 2 and is still under warranty for a few months. What dealer has the cheapest price nowadays?
I asked my local dealership to match the price of HDL. They wouldn't do it. They wanted me to also get the roadside service, and THEN they would come within $50 or so. I'd say HDL is your best place. Plus you'll be supporting a company that provided this excellent forum where you got this information. My warranty has paid for itself already in warranty repairs, so I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Extended Warranty

Just purchased mine from Direct Line Parts ($499). The local dealer wanted $850! I did find out the order was through a dealer in Ohio. Not sure which dealer.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Just purchased mine from Direct Line Parts ($499). The local dealer wanted $850! I did find out the order was through a dealer in Ohio. Not sure which dealer.
Direct Line Parts owns a dealership that used to be in Shadyside, OH and now has moved up the road to Bellaire, OH.
http://www.hondadirectlineofshadysideohio.com/

They used to have another dealership in the Miami, FL area but that was sold several years ago.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Gents,
To any of you that have purchased an extended warranty through HDL, may I ask how long it was 'till you received any paperwork or authentication of the extended warranty? We purchased it during the fourth of July sale and have not seen any thing on it just yet. We checked our AE card and the purchase did go through and the card was charged so, we'll just patiently wait and see.
Scott

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Gents,
To any of you that have purchased an extended warranty through HDL, may I ask how long it was 'till you received any paperwork or authentication of the extended warranty? We purchased it during the fourth of July sale and have not seen any thing on it just yet. We checked our AE card and the purchase did go through and the card was charged so, we'll just patiently wait and see.
Scott
It was almost two months before I received the material from Honda....
When it was posted to my credit card, I called HDL and they confirmed
it was in the computer system. The delay is on Honda, not HDL.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It was great for peace of mind, but i have never had an occasion to use it. Now original and extened have expired.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
It was great for peace of mind, but i have never had an occasion to use it. Now original and extened have expired.

Smokyhiker,
You just hit the nail right on the head!!! That's the purpose of ANY WARRANTY, no matter who or what it's for. The manufacturer is gambling that NOTHING goes wrong with there product and that you will have paid extra for the "insurance" just in case it does. And, YOU are gambling and paying extra, albeit a minute amount, that something WILL go wrong and it WILL cost a lot of money TO THE MAUFACTURER, to get your problem or problems repaired or replaced.

Each and every time you go into a retail store, be it Sears, Walmart, Ford, Honda, what ever, many or most of the time you are offered an "Extended Warranty" that goes beyond the standard 30, 60 or 90 day return policy. I don't know how much each and all of these manufacturers are making when they actually produce parts, cars, motorcycles, washing machines, etc that DON'T BREAK in the standard or, extended warranty time frames but, I'd bet it's a BUNDLE!

So, you, me and a gazillion other folks simply step up to the plate, hand over a minimal amount of "insurance coverage" protection money and are at piece of mind, at least for a short while, that we're covered if that SERIOUS problem arises.
Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts