GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a very good price on purchasing an extended warranty for a 2008 model? I haven't had any problems but, is the extra money going to fix an electronic problem in the next 4 years if I do happen to have such a problem? I have about 27 days left on my factory warranty. A local dealership wanted about $960 for a 4 year extension.

Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Check out HDL Honda Direct Line right here that gives us this great board.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
They will probably have a sell for the fourth of July. I just bought mine memorial day for $499 minus 10%. $450 works for me. No idea how well it works since I have had 3 gl1800's and only 1 claim.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
What other options are there for Florida residents?

Thanks Barry
Not much....Florida calls it insurance and regulates the hell out of it...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Who has a very good price on purchasing an extended warranty for a 2008 model? I haven't had any problems but, is the extra money going to fix an electronic problem in the next 4 years if I do happen to have such a problem? I have about 27 days left on my factory warranty. A local dealership wanted about $960 for a 4 year extension.

Thanks for any imput.
Mike,

Are you sure that it is available for 4 years?

When I purchased my 2008 in March, I got a quote from a dealer here in Florida I was told it was only available for a two year period. The local dealer told me it was about $500.00---$600.00. I have my note on it somewhere.

The dealer that I bought the bike from in Iowa sold me the same policy for @ $320.00. but again it was only a two year deal.

Keep in mind that there has to be some markup for the person handling the transaction (sales person) and the dealer.

I have a friend who happens to be a Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha dealer.
When asked how can some of the volume dealers sell product at such low numbers, he told me that they will quote you a low number for the bike in the hopes to make a decent profit on everything else.
Everything from apparel to extended warranties, dealer prep, freight, setup.

I would really like to know if the extended warranty is for another 4 years.
Thanks

RJ

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Ride out of Florida to another state, is about your only option to buy the extended 4yr(YES, IT IS FOR 4YRS)warranty at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
522 Posts
batess6
Your right he is from Ga.I clicked on the site only to find out that Fl. res. need not apply.I was just curious, because in four months I will be looking for the same thing.

Barry
I may not get payback. My extended warrenty has only been used for front seals so far. One never knows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts