GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '01 factory warranty will be expiring in a few months so I'm starting to think of buying the extended one from Hondaline. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes Paul, I'm starting to think about an extended warranty as well. Hal said that he sometimes has after Xmas sales (for all those that had taxes and Xmas expenses to take care of during the last sale) ....... Hal ...... are you listening? <g>

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
$459 sounds like a lot of money for something that will likely never be needed but I also am considering buying it. If something serious actually did go wrong it sure would be nice to have.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
at only $ 3 to $ 5 per month its really cheap insurance. there have been sales on warranties for as low as 359. hal just had a big sale at xmas that brought it down in the $ 400 range.

loren

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. I guess I will start saving. Since I bought my 1800 used 3,000 miles can any dealer tell me when the original warranty expires. I don't want to go back to were I bought it, I was not at all happy with there service.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Paul Lencki said:
Thanks for the help. I guess I will start saving. Since I bought my 1800 used 3,000 miles can any dealer tell me when the original warranty expires. I don't want to go back to were I bought it, I was not at all happy with there service.
Yes, any dealer can tell you this. All they have to do is run a search on the VIN in the Honda database. I bought mine used too, and learned that the date of sale was 4/30/02.

·
Registered
891 Posts
No brainer

The shop where I got my bike,wants 400 per year.I never buy that stuff,but with all the problems with the Wing,it like insurance,for the fram,ecu,over heating and whatever. I will gladly send Hal my money. :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts