GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if Blue Ridge Power Sports is still the least expensive place to get the 5 year Honda EW. I thought there was somebody who found a place that offered it for a bit less, but I'm not able to find that info in the threads. My original warranty expires in April, so I have until then to get it...

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
520 Posts
Just curious if Blue Ridge Power Sports is still the least expensive place to get the 5 year Honda EW. I thought there was somebody who found a place that offered it for a bit less, but I'm not able to find that info in the threads. My original warranty expires in April, so I have until then to get it...
I just got a quote from Sam after a very quick reply, 5 years with RSA for 770.00. It's good by me. He gave me all options and seems very professional. I will contact him soon for a go.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Last August before the factory warranty was up on my 18, I priced it 720.00 at Blur Ridge powersports. Called my Honda dealer here in Ca and quoted them the Blue Ridge, after a pause the told me I could get it from them for 20.00 more. Fine, I like supporting my local dealer so they stay in business. Otherwise the nearest dealer is an hour away. Perhaps give a local Honda shop a chance to match or get close to the best price.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Last August before the factory warranty was up on my 18, I priced it 720.00 at Blur Ridge powersports. Called my Honda dealer here in Ca and quoted them the Blue Ridge, after a pause the told me I could get it from them for 20.00 more. Fine, I like supporting my local dealer so they stay in business. Otherwise the nearest dealer is an hour away. Perhaps give a local Honda shop a chance to match or get close to the best price.
I tried and they laughed at me.......Don't think they believed I could get it for $715.
They wanted $1100 even with me purchasing my bike there.

Don't hurt to try though, I guess......

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
520 Posts
I tried and they laughed at me.......Don't think they believed I could get it for $715.
They wanted $1100 even with me purchasing my bike there.

Don't hurt to try though, I guess......
That's how much they want in NJ. Insane!!!! Just for the hake of it, I will call the local dealer to see if can be matched. I will be amazed if the will.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got a quote from Sam after a very quick reply, 5 years with RSA for 770.00. It's good by me. He gave me all options and seems very professional. I will contact him soon for a go.
You are correct. I just got an email from Sam. 5 year EW without RSA (I have RSA included with my motorcycle insurance) he quoted me $710. That's not bad...

·
Registered
2022 Goldwing DCT Tour, 2018 BMW R1200 GSA, 2016 BMW K1600GTL
121 Posts
Is this a Honda dealer extended warranty or a third party warranty? If Honda, that’s a great price as I was quoted $1100 for 5 years just last week.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, I think you have to buy the EW before your normal warranty expires (you do here anyways). But certainly give them a try.
My dealer told me you have to purchase the Honda warranty before the 3 year factory warranty is up from date of purchase new. I am the second owner but I bought mine 10 days before the factory 3 years was up.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I have owned two wings that I purchased "both" brand new (zero miles on OD) 2002 / 2010 and purchased the extended warranty, for both of them.... and I never used the warrantee on either of them... Am I just lucky, or is it the reason that I baby my motorcycles? and do preventive maintenance, on all my vehicles... , way before it's due.....

Ronnie
1/13/22

Reactions: Al P.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
520 Posts
I have owned two wings that I purchased "both" brand new (zero miles on OD) 2002 / 2010 and purchased the extended warranty, for both of them.... and I never used the warrantee on either of them... Am I just lucky, or is it the reason that I baby my motorcycles? and do preventive maintenance, on all my vehicles... , way before it's due.....

Ronnie
1/13/22
I just think for the sake of complexity the new gen GW carries, around 800.00 for 5 years with RSA is a good and extra insurance. I also, know riders in my group with older GW who never used the extended coverage. The all strongly recommended me to get one. I used to own 2 CBR 1100XX with heavy miles on them. I never had even a small engine problem. Oil and gas and 2 cam tensioners. Superb engines.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts