GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the economy going the way it is, this 2008 may be my last new bike for a while. Anybody want to comment on the extended warrenty and where the best place to get one is? I was thinking of running it out by the full four year period, which would run it until 2015. Is that worthwhile or is it just a waste of money? As I remember, the dealer quote when I bought it was pretty high so I held off then, but now I'm having second thoughts.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Get your extended warranty right here from HDL..
I just talked to them last week and got mine,,,
I checked with the local dealer and he couldn't come close
to what HDL is selling it for...
$445.00 for 4 years ,,,,,,,,
It's worth it to me.... just in case.......
And you won't find it cheaper anywhere else

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Best price I could find in 04 was from Hal. I just bought a new bike today so I will be looking again real soon.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Extended Warranty

At about 4 months after purchase, Honda sent a new offer for an extended warranty. It was about $800, a lot less than what the dealer wanted. Hal's place (the sponsor of this site) regularly sells it for about $500, still even lower. Check it out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out on Hal's site and found it - looks good. I'll call them. Thanks guys, that's a lot less than my dealer was asking. Everybody who's used it have good experiences with it?

·
Registered
364 Posts
It is what it says it is, an extended warranty. If you have been happy with the original, you'll be happy with the extended version. Everything covered the same in both. This is what I have been told, and never had any problems at the dealer. And the dealer makes a difference, some are just better at doing what is right.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It is what it says it is, an extended warranty. If you have been happy with the original, you'll be happy with the extended version. Everything covered the same in both. This is what I have been told, and never had any problems at the dealer. And the dealer makes a difference, some are just better at doing what is right.
I heard that the audio/intercom/radio system wasn't covered in the extended warranty. ????

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Extending an extended

I am the second owner. The original guy bought 3 years. Can the final year be added before expiration or no?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I heard that the audio/intercom/radio system wasn't covered in the extended warranty. ????
From what they told me,, you are correct they are NOT covered in the extended warranty....
(not sure about the intercom though)
We only talked about the CB and radio systems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts