GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just replaced the air filter, bar risers, brake pads on my 2010 air bager. After I put it all back together and went for a ride I found these on the work bench. Not sure if they are from the wing. Thanks to Fred's Videos I kept all the parts separated and I am not just sure. I took about 100 photos don't see them. Can anyone identify these ?
Thanks in advance, and if all you have is a smart ass comment...I can take it, cause I can dish it.

sorry for the crooked picture from the PITA iPad.

Andy S.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Look to me like part of the screws that secure the top shelter or either the front fender.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Yup. Pull your dash and look just below the speakers. pretty sure that's where they go.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Fender is on and I numbered the bolts from the shelter, so they r back.

thanks got the reply.

Look to me like part of the screws that secure the top shelter or either the front fender.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are black so that might be the place.

Yup. Pull your dash and look just below the speakers. pretty sure that's where they go.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The front fender ones aren't black. Looks like they have a shoulder, so they'll go into a place over a piece of plastic. Likely under the shelter.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
:agree:

:agree: plus 1
or look around key ignition area i front of radio buttons or gas filler
or front shelter under speaker

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
The three piece top shelter has some hidden screws that are easy to overlook. The two mentioned near the speakers are indeed black and easy to miss. There are are two more (one on each side) under the center piece with the Honda emblem that snaps in just below the ignition that are easy to forget.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hope you work out if they are of your wing (or not) I dont think there is much worse than left over parts! Good luck, I'm looking to do my air filter in a few months and hope not to have extras either!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
hell mine's been torn apart so long I hope i can FIND all the screws!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Vendor
17,367 Posts
I can't see it in the pictures, but with a close look, you will probably see 2 have a different thread. The fatter 2 go under the key cover. Pull it off and you will see. The other 2 go under each front speaker. Pull the dash cover off to install those.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
The two screws under the key cover should be phillips, not allen head.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I can't see it in the pictures, but with a close look, you will probably see 2 have a different thread. The fatter 2 go under the key cover. Pull it off and you will see. The other 2 go under each front speaker. Pull the dash cover off to install those.
On all the GL1800 motorcycles I have ever seen, the fasteners under the key cover, at the key cover or whatever you wish to say, are always Phillips head screws.

Those fasteners all go either up at the speakers, or/and along the top of the shelter.

Or if I were there, they could be extra.........:lol:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Put them in the right storage compartment. If you need them down the road they'll be right there.;)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Sorry, but I can't help myself:

Is your wife messing with you?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bolts that hold the top shelter to the dash on top?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the winner is....

The bolts on top by the speakers... I did have the 2bolts up there that were supposed to be under the the 2 Philips screw cover at the ignition key. All are swapped and installed, Jupiter aligns with mars we just need nice weather. Thanks EVERYBODY :bow: for the help and insight and not beating me up.

Andy S.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts