GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Does nothing for me....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Poor man's Rune?

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to the other thread it was built up from a wrecked wing. Pictures of the build on that thread.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I don't particularly like cruisers, but I could see me on one like that.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Itsapitty.. Thanks for posting this here.:thumbup:
I saw that thread a few days ago and wondered what the rest of the story was??

For me,I would of done the Headlight/mufflers/bars/shield a bit different,But I can see riding that bad boy in the twistys..ya hoooo
My days of fabing parts for race cars would help out in a project like this..he he he

The only problem I could see is getting on and going without having to explain what it is to the on lookers scratching their heads on what it is or what it was..
Knowing me-I'd say it was a new Harley concept bike I'm testing out!

I've seen some salvaged bikes and wondered what a stripped wing would look like as a Cruiser-Now I know!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll bet the air cleaner service is a hellava lot easier on this Wing.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Wonder if it still has the decel wobble?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would be riding another Triumph Rocket rather than that.
Similar looks with major power.:lol:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Since I posted the original thread on Riders Rally I might as well cross post the pictures here so it's easier to see..............
I don't mind sharing. :coffee1:

Not my type of ride but you got to give the owner credit for reviving a dead Wing and making something unique out of it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks for posting. I always like to see imagination and skill in bike modifications. It's one of a kind. I would put shorter pipes on it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I think it's freakin awesome!! Never thought I'd see a Goldwing street fighter!!
Kudos to the owner for turning trash into a unique daily rider!! :yes1:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I wonder how much the bike weighs stripped down like that? Acceleration would be improved...what a ride!!

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Good job. Imagination and ingenuity are alive and well.:bow:

Interesting how many people are critical of others creativity. I wonder if they look at all the chrome stuff they put on their bikes the same way.:eek:4:

If we all had the same taste it would be a pretty boring world.:coffee1:

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
I actually like it. I want to put a cruiser in the garage one of these days. Something like that would be fun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It looks like it's very nicely done, I wonder if it's a work in progress ?

I'd certainly shorten the mufflers, and for me a dark grey/ black paint job would make it look sinister, a look not unlike the new V-Max might suit it.

Thanks for posting, great job.

Ride safe

John

1 - 20 of 31 Posts