GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that many forum friends have installed their EZ Pass transponder under the front fairing. How difficult or how would I go about taking the fairing off the bike.
Thanks,
Eddie S.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I keep mine in the right front (locked) glove compartment. Never had a problem with it being read when going through toll booths.

·
Registered
351 Posts
EZ Pass recommends that it be place under the trunk lid. That is where mine is and it works fine.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
The small cigar size one Texas uses works fine in the front right locked drawer

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EZ Pass

EZ Pass recommends that it be place under the trunk lid. That is where mine is and it works fine.
When you say under the trunk lid, did you take the lid cover and placed it between the lid and the lid cover or just on the lid cover? By lid cover I mean the plastic cover that is held by philipp head screws.
Eddie S.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
When you say under the trunk lid, did you take the lid cover and placed it between the lid and the lid cover or just on the lid cover? By lid cover I mean the plastic cover that is held by philipp head screws.
Eddie S.
I put my EZ-Pass under the inside of the trunk lid (not between the two halves) with industrial Velcro. It has been there for over four years and has never failed to to be read at a toll booth. I also have a trunk rack. It's much easier to get to in the trunk than if you put it under the front fairing. The EZ-Pass in this orientation works well.

(Click image to enlarge)
001.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EZ Pass

I put my EZ-Pass under the inside of the trunk lid (not between the two halves) with industrial Velcro. It has been there for over four years and has never failed to to be read at a toll booth. I also have a trunk rack. It's much easier to get to in the trunk than if you put it under the front fairing.
Great!
Thanks,
Eddie S.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have had mine on the left lower corner of the windshield, inside the left rear compartment, and now in my left jacket pocket. It rarely will turn the EZ pass light green, usually yellow. I just keep going and the toll camera takes a picture of my registration plate and that's how my account must get charged.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Eddie S.
I just opened my trunk, stuck the Velcro to the lid and pressed my EZ Pass to it. Works as advertised even with light loads on the trunk rack.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EZ Pass

It's done. Put in in the trunk. I will be riding tomorrow and will test it.
Once again,
Thanks everybody.
Eddie S.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My buddy and I had problems with ours in Ohio.
MA, NY & NJ took them without a hitch but Ohio was a pain in the arse.
He had his in the left dash pocket and I had mine in my left jacket pocket.
At the previously mentioned states we sailed right through.
In Ohio the toll booths have a gate. None of the gates would open for us.
We had to take a ticket and when we got to an exit give the ticket and our Trans-Pass to the attendant.
One of the attendants was a biker and she said it is a common problem in that state.
Any kind of obstruction will block the receiver.

Oh... In Kansas your Trans-Pass will not be accepted on their K-Pass road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts