GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Black 2007 Goldwing that has the Champion Trike Kit. I am looking at putting a EZSteer Kit on it. There are a couple of kits 3 degrees and a 6 degrees. Can anyone tell me what is the difference and which one would give the best ride?
Thanks

================================================== ====
Had to sell my 85 Wing, Wife said 2 bikes NO wife or 1 bike, 1 wife, was a difficult decision to make!:shock:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Actually I think that most people have the 4.5 rake. Ez-Steer is only 4.5. What you are talking about isn't the Ez-Steer, but another rake kit. The ez is a Champion product.

·
Registered
887 Posts
My suggestion would be to buy it from Motor Trike. Theirs is 4.5 degree and it's the cheapest one on the market. It comes with extended fork caps and tapered bearings. The bottom stem bearing is already installed on the stem when you get it.

Other brands may come set up the same way with the same things but not for the price you can get through Motor Trike!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Darl, Don't tell anyone but they get theirs from Champion ;) Shhhhish

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yea I've heard that.....and they charge way less. hmmmmm Champion must be REALLY hosing their customers!

My brother-in-law and I just finished installing one on a Motor Trike on Sunday for a friend....got a free breakfast and some awesome beef jerkey for the work too!!!

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Yea I've heard that.....and they charge way less. hmmmmm Champion must be REALLY hosing their customers!

My brother-in-law and I just finished installing one on a Motor Trike on Sunday for a friend....got a free breakfast and some awesome beef jerkey for the work too!!!
Woah! If you'll install a Triple Tree for breakfast and some beef jerky how would you like to open a shop for me in Iowa????? :22yikes: Seriously :thumbup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Woah! If you'll install a Triple Tree for breakfast and some beef jerky how would you like to open a shop for me in Iowa????? :22yikes: Seriously :thumbup:
If Darl says yes he's going to have to find a new helper
mrwelaxn

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
If Darl says yes he's going to have to find a new helper
mrwelaxn
I take it you're his helper? So basically this was a one shot deal? The old "Rake 'em and leave 'em" scenario? :shrug: Fine then! I was going to up the anty to include, Breakfast, Beef Jerky and a free lunch with Campbells Tomato soup. :eat1:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would offer free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and I have a hot tub to use after you are done installing mine.:thumbup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
EX steer or a rake kit does not have anything to do with ride quality, it makes it turn easier. I believe that was part of what you were asking.

Wayne

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I was wondering what the difference was in the steering between the 4.5 or 6 degree rake?

G

·
Wait a minute here...

Are we talkin' breakfast or EZ-Steer? If you order EZ-Steer from Champion do they include breakfast or did you get paid in breakfast for the install? I'm starting to get hungry.

If we are talking breakfast, this is what I want

If we are talking EZ-Steer, I say go with it, it makes riding much more enjoyable:yes1:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Beastie we need a trip to our CBTC 'National Headquarters' stat! I just finished a 4.5 rake and I need some biscuits smothered in gravy!
Hmmmmmmm! Good! :thumbup:

DubT, you sir are correct, the more the rake the Ultimately, more Power-Traked and EZZZZZZZ-er the steer. That oughta make everyone happy:bow:

nerdman: You do not want to see my techs in no hot tub. :eek: For the sake of being able to keep your breakfast down stick with the food.

Hey my new slogan for tough economic times:

"Will Trike for Food!":popcorn:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
nerdman: You do not want to see my techs in no hot tub. :eek: For the sake of being able to keep your breakfast down stick with the food.

I will second that: I have seen one of Gary's guys. Not recommended for viewing in a Hot Tub.......:22yikes:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
I will second that: I have seen one of Gary's guys. Not recommended for viewing in a Hot Tub.......:22yikes:
I'm tellin' Dave you said that:eek:4: He's a powerful guy ain't he George? When he hand tightens somethin' :superman1: we have to use an impact to get it loose.

P.S. He said he'll see you in a week or so...........:roll:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I take it you're his helper? So basically this was a one shot deal? The old "Rake 'em and leave 'em" scenario? :shrug: Fine then! I was going to up the anty to include, Breakfast, Beef Jerky and a free lunch with Campbells Tomato soup. :eat1:

Ok you got a deal sure beats standing down on the interstate exit ramp with my sign Good goldwing rider anything will help God bless:wrong::shrug:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good morning Nerdman, With all the trikes that I test rode before I ordered mine, I could not tell a lot of difference between the 4.5 and 6 degree rake kits, but could definitely see a big difference between the 3 and 6 degree rake kits. I opted for 6 degree and I bought my '08 Roadsmith from Honda of Russellville in Russellville Arkansas and they bulid ALL of their trike conversions with the 6 degree rake kit. They have MT's, CSC's and Roadsmith's. Check them out at Hondaofrussellville.com.

Ron McGowan
Pearland, Texas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts