GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 4th violation notice from the highspeed lane not reading my EZPass, which I keep in the locked fairing pocket. Clearly this is not a good location. Those of you that have one, where do you mount it?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I mount it with black velcro to the top of the dash under the shield vent. Pop it off and lock it in the fairing pocket when it's not needed. I've never had a violation.

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
ditto

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I velcro mine to the top (inside) of the trunk lid. No issues, works with I-Pass in IL and Sunpass here in FL. Don't tempt anyone to steal it there, don't forget it, and so on...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I mount it with black velcro to the top of the dash under the shield vent..
I do the same, except I painted it flat black and never remove it

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have been thinking about making some kind of clip on windshield mount for mine. something that wont scratch the windshield. if i come up with something, ill let you know and post a pic.
and i like the inside the trunk lid idea too, havent thought of that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a SunPass (Fl) in the right hand pocket and two notices of passing without paying. Will try the trunk lid, I think.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Have mine in the right side pocket never had any problems always goes off. Mine also has suction cups stays on the windshield fine. But out of site is best for me.:agree:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
After having it fall off the windshield twice when the suction cups let go I put it in the pouch an top of the left pocket. I seems to be working ok from there.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Never had a problem with mine in the right fairing pocket

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Mine's been stuck under the fairing nose, left side for a couple of years now. Has never not worked and I never have to see it or think about it. (It's an EZPass, used in NY & NJ regularly).

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Use what "travel n lite " listed, but threw out the poor suction cup, and used the velcro that comes with the ez pass. Basicly leave it on 24/7. Do not hear of ez passes being stolen, since they can be tracked when used.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have mine inside the windshield garnish and have never had a problem. Every time someone asks this question and I post where I have mine, I always get someone who says its not a good place and that they wouldn't put it there because if it doesn't work at a gated stop it could be a problem. I have traveled from North Carolina to Niagara Falls and from New Jersey to Ohio and I have yet to have it fail; even on the gated toll stops. The Garnish is thin plastic and there is nothing between it and the sensors. I never forget it, it doesn't take up space in my fairing pockets and unless the bike gets stolen, the EZ Pass is in as safe a place as any on the bike.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have mine inside the windshield garnish and have never had a problem. Every time someone asks this question and I post where I have mine, I always get someone who says its not a good place and that they wouldn't put it there because if it doesn't work at a gated stop it could be a problem. I have traveled from North Carolina to Niagara Falls and from New Jersey to Ohio and I have yet to have it fail; even on the gated toll stops. The Garnish is thin plastic and there is nothing between it and the sensors. I never forget it, it doesn't take up space in my fairing pockets and unless the bike gets stolen, the EZ Pass is in as safe a place as any on the bike.
+1. I was very skeptical of this working for my IBR ride especially since I could not try it out before I needed it. (I live in Florida) It worked like a charm in every state it is supposed to work in and I didn't worry about it. It was out of the weather and safe.
I'll be trying a similar location install, under the WS garnish, for my Florida SunPass soon.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all, I think I'll try the trunk lid next. I don't want to have to take it out of somewhere to use it, since I'm not stopped when I need it - I'm going 60 or more through the high speed lanes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts