GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought one that knows how much wider they are ? I measured one at wing ding and it was only 1" wider, F-4 web site says 2 1/2", wing stuff web site says 2", ? Maybe they have changed them or maybe some one have trouble reading tape measure (me).

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Has anyone bought one that knows how much wider they are ? I measured one at wing ding and it was only 1" wider, F-4 web site says 2 1/2", wing stuff web site says 2", ? Maybe they have changed them or maybe some one have trouble reading tape measure (me).
It depends on which height you purchase: the taller the wider.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a 16" . From what I read they all the same width, 4 in, 2 on each side.
For me the measurements mean nothing, I rode the bike at 160km/h today and this screen offers more wind protection than the standard 20 inch screen. That little extra width really helps with wind protection on the arms.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought one 2 weeks ago. It is 2 1/2" on each side wider. I think it is great. Got it tinted too. 20" height.
Thanks 20" what I was looking at, left out on post, did you get it from F-4 or wing stuff ? I didn't buy at Wing Ding because it only had 1" to side, Wing Stuff has on sale.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just finished installing my new 20" tinted. Very, very, nice. Noticeable improvement in wind protection on the arms and shoulders.

·
Registered
44 Posts
F4 Tinted windshield

The tinted 20" is what I'm looking for also, any chance you could post a pic or two? I've seen the clear but not the tinted on a Wing yet.

Thanks

Reactions: F4Customs

·
Registered
364 Posts
The tinted 20" is what I'm looking for also, any chance you could post a pic or two? I've seen the clear but not the tinted on a Wing yet.
I posted a thread a while back with my 20" Tinted F4, it's the stock width instead of the wider... but it'll show you what the tinted looks like, at least. The first post is comparisons with the stock windshield, further down in the comments I posted some pics outside in the sun with the tinted.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/193-2018-goldwing-board/436407-f4-custom-windshield-installed.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you for sharing your previous post, answered all my questions and I will be going with the 20" tinted recurve also.
Looks great on your bike, it's nice to have both form and function!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts