GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While washing my bike I put the F-4 windscreen all the way up so's I could get at the top of the dash. I attempted to lower the screen last night, but it wouldn't budge. Wiggled it forward and back, but no joy.

Don't really want to open up the cowling unless I have to, even though it's pretty easy to do. Anyone else ever had this problem?

The windscreen is size +2"

·
Registered
702 Posts
Release catches and firmly pull up on windshield -then it should lower.

AG GL

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Release catches and firmly pull up on windshield -then it should lower.

AG GL
Catches were released ande screen was at the top (pulled firmly). Tried again, still no joy. Guess I'll have to go digging :cry:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Had same problem.....unfortunately my husband had to remove front & re-ajust onto "tracks"......Good luck

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had same problem.....unfortunately my husband had to remove front & re-ajust onto "tracks"......Good luck
No problem, but I won't pull that 'stunt' again. Thanks

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Did you get the upgraded ratchet mechanism? I just had it put on mine yesterday. Mine got jammed up a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get the upgraded ratchet mechanism? I just had it put on mine yesterday. Mine got jammed up a couple weeks ago.
Didn't know there was one. Assuming this is a Honda thing. Was it a recall? How did you find out?

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Didn't know there was one. Assuming this is a Honda thing. Was it a recall? How did you find out?
Well, I found out by living on message boards since I got mine. LOL! It's not a recall but there is a service bulletin on it. Your dealer should know. I had mine going in for scheduled service and had this known issue taken care of along with the upgraded left saddlebag mechanism (never had a problem but got it done anyway) and the starter switch was sticking. I wanted to get things handled while still under warranty and since I'll be keeping this one until I die. :cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I found out by living on message boards since I got mine. LOL! It's not a recall but there is a service bulletin on it. Your dealer should know. I had mine going in for scheduled service and had this known issue taken care of along with the upgraded left saddlebag mechanism (never had a problem but got it done anyway) and the starter switch was sticking. I wanted to get things handled while still under warranty and since I'll be keeping this one until I die. :cool:
Funny how as time progresses we start thinking about how were are going to hold on to all our swag until we go to the promised land...:eek:4: I got the Wing and a Ridgeline and they both could very well outlast my expiration date...

I'll look for the SB...Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts