GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if the F-4 has a black/tinted band across the bottom to hide the dashboard. I like the way the lower tinted area looks but can't tell if the F-4 has it or not.

I like the way the Tulsa adjustable looks but the added hardness of the F-4 would be nice. I seem to be out on the interstate with gravel trucks all the time. My current Honda windshield looks like it was hit by bird-shot.

Thanks for any response.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you ever rode with your OEM shield up all the way with the band showing, you'll forget all about it after 10 minutes witht the F4 and wonder why the OEM was tinted (if that's what that dark area is) in the first place.

As to durability, while I love my F4, I don't know how it would hold up against gravel coming off trucks. I am sure it will be better than OEM though.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
beastie said:
If you ever rode with your OEM shield up all the way with the band showing, you'll forget all about it after 10 minutes witht the F4 and wonder why the OEM was tinted (if that's what that dark area is) in the first place.

As to durability, while I love my F4, I don't know how it would hold up against gravel coming off trucks. I am sure it will be better than OEM though.
I too luv my F4. Best shield I ever had. But, if yer "gasket" or "slide" on the dash is in less than perfect condition, you will know why the OEM shield is tinted down there. Might look good to the rider, but not too good from the front with a wrinkled or dirty "gasket" area.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
laen said:
Waiting for the F4 with windshield wiper. Not a rumour
I would not doubt it. Surface is like diamond.

But why? Water rolls off like Rain-x treated glass. Unfortunately, so does bug juice! :chef2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts