GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have the F4 windshield with the vent hole in it did you have to buy a vent with it or can you us the one from the stock shield.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
I purchased mine with the vent already installed by the F4 makers.. :grin2::grin2: *this my happy face**

Ronnie

·
Registered
332 Posts
I purchased mine with the vent already installed by the F4 makers.. :grin2::grin2: *this my happy face**

Ronnie
Me too!!! F4 tinted with vent installed by maker.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The F4 site indicates that they will accommodate the Honda windshield vent. There are aftermarket vents available, but they are just a bit different.
So you should be able to use your Honda vent.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
571 Posts
I installed F4 -2 on 3-23-2019 my stock vent fit fine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The F4 +4 is thicker and the oem won't fit.
Are you sure about that? I know the plus 4 is thicker but I thought the OEM vent had some adjustment? I only have a plus-2 so I don't have first-hand knowledge w/ +4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
I put an F4 +0 on two years ago.

I used my original Honda Vent.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Stock vent works fine on F4+2.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That's what I was told when I was buying the F4. was looking at both with and without.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Are you sure about that? I know the plus 4 is thicker but I thought the OEM vent had some adjustment? I only have a plus-2 so I don't have first-hand knowledge w/ +4.

He is correct. I had a +4 and had to rout out I think about 3/32 from the windshield to make an OEM fit. (not for the faint hearted.) I did not like the modified 3 position aftermarket vent that came with it. I bought a +2 the second time around because I didn't want to go through that again. I miss the +4.

·
Registered
529 Posts
He is correct. I had a +4 and had to rout out I think about 3/32 from the windshield to make an OEM fit. (not for the faint hearted.) I did not like the modified 3 position aftermarket vent that came with it. I bought a +2 the second time around because I didn't want to go through that again. I miss the +4.
Thanks. You taught me something new.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My stock vent fit perfectly in the new F4-2...installed last weekend. 3-23-2019

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm thinking about an F4 windshield. Are you guys glad you got the F4 windshield and what would you buy if you got something different

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I kept mine of my 03 to put on my to me 2013. It came with a V Stream, that I going to try first. I have F4+4 no vent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts