GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 1800 Honda Goldwing with a Roadsmith trike package. The trike package is new. We've had the trike since November 2018. About a month and a half ago, we went on a ride with our Goldwing group. The F1 light came on and we experienced missing, lunging, symptoms of possible bad gas. We changed the gas and that didn't help. Finally it stopped running completely and we couldn't get it to start again. We replaced the battery. Had no issues for about a month but rode about 50-60 miles during that month. We just went on another trip with our Goldwing group. We got about 50-60 miles into the trip (about a 120 mile trip). The F1 light came on again and it started missing and lunging. I stopped at an auto place and had the battery checked. I received a new battery even though the other one didn't show it was bad. The symptoms seemed about the same till we got to our destination. Went in for dinner with the group for about an hour or so and came out to proceed to our hotel approximately 10 miles away and it ran fine. No F1 light. The next morning went to go on a bike ride with the group. It ran normal for about 15-20 minutes and then proceeded to begin having the same symptoms. Took it straight back to the hotel. After a couple hours, started it up and the F1 light went out and seemed to be normal. Went to leave the following day and it ran normal for about 10-15 minutes in and then missing and lunging again. Also through all of the above every time we would come to a stop, it would stall. Also noticed when the F1 light came on, we got a little more static in our intercom system. At one point during our journey home, the F1 light went out for approximately a minute or so and the static cleared and all the symptoms came back within a minute or so. Can't read the code due to not having a kickstand because of the floorboards on our trike kit. Anybody have any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
TECHDUDE NEEDED !! :grin2: GROUND ISSUE ???

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 9 of 9 Posts