GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I've had my bike apart for some winter maintenance and tightening some coolant lines, my F1 light is on steady when I restarted the bike. I let it run for approx. 8 miniutes filling the radiator as needed, then sorta blipped the throttle a few times to get the air bubbles out, but the light stayed on the whole time. The fans never came on, it's about 15 degrees here, and I had to open the garage door while it was running. What's the F1 light telling me? Nothing serious I'm hoping! I'm getting out my service manual but thought I'd put it on here too. Oh, it's an '04 model.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
After I've had my bike apart for some winter maintenance and tightening some coolant lines, my F1 light is on steady when I restarted the bike. I let it run for approx. 8 miniutes filling the radiator as needed, then sorta blipped the throttle a few times to get the air bubbles out, but the light stayed on the whole time. The fans never came on, it's about 15 degrees here, and I had to open the garage door while it was running. What's the F1 light telling me? Nothing serious I'm hoping! I'm getting out my service manual but thought I'd put it on here too. Oh, it's an '04 model.
When the FI light comes on, leave the motor running. Place transmission in neutral. Put the sidestand down. The light will then issue a series of long and short flashes. Count the number of short and long flashes and let us know what the count is.

Folks have posted the FI codes on this board in the past. That should give you an idea of what the issue is.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll have to wait 'till tomarrow, the bike is in my mom's 'heated' garage in town. Appreciate all the help and advice I've gotten on here.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, I'm re-watching Fred's videos before I go back to town to see if I can spot anything I missed while putting the bike back togeather, and may have found it, don't know. I know I forgot to re-install the wire connector for the temp sensor or whatever it is in the top back of the airbox. Does anyone know if that would give me an F1 light on steady when the bike is running? Sorry, but I don't have internet or a computer over there, and I'm trying to eliminate as much as I can before I go over there! I do know I didn't plug this wire back up though. I tried to double check EVERYTHING as I went, but had my yackity betterhalf helping me! Sure glad she don't know my password and can't read this;)!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
LaMonster, gave us all your password, if you want to keep your head you must send us all a money order for $50.00 bucks or we'll tell her what your password is:twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yep, that's the cause for your red light. Plug her back in and all will be fine.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I hope that's the only one I forgot! Now I get a little more practice removing the top shelter:excited:!:wrong:! Didn't really want any more practice for a while, at least 'till next winter. Maybe I'll do it right this time, the "yackity one" is at work:yes1:! Gosh, I sure love her! Out there earnin' a living while I'm at home playin':bow:!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that's the cause for your red light. Plug her back in and all will be fine.
Yup, that was it, thanks Fox. Just out of curiousity, I fired it up first and still had the light, shut it back down, took it apart again, plugged this back up, fired it back up, and no light, I'm done! Even went for a 10 mile ride, in 39 degree weather no less. I'm ready for summertime now:excited:!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts