GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this new TopCoat? They say you can leave your bike sit in the garage and not a spec of dust will stick to it. It sounds a little far fetched to me but I am not one to turn my nose up at something that may have potential. If you have used this on your bike please send us a review of your thoughts on the product!!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Use this on my bike all the time. Love the stuff. I can go out after a few days, take a rag and just wipe it down to get the dust off. No re-applying or anything like that. Kinda expensive, but doesn't take much and last's a long time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Doesn't do anything a can of Pledge can't do, ridiculously expensive, washes off. More gimmick than anything. Buddy had a bottle and I tried it, looks pretty until you use your bike or wash it. Spec of dust thing is impossible. Is it good, sure, is it worth the price, no way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought so when I saw the price

I have been using Bike Spirit Cleaner and Polish, come in a 14 ounce can and I use about 1 can a season up here in Michigan. You can put it on anything on the bike, car or whatever and it leaves nothing behind and is great on bugs and keeps my ride looking nice for about $6.95 a can. For the price of that F11 I could pay for 6 or 7 years worth of the stuff I use.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The dust not sticking on your bike in the garage isn't true. A buddy that swears by it gave me a spray bottle of it, told me to put 3 or 4 coats on and the dust would just slide off. The dust still sticks like a magnet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F11 Video

I watched their video on the stuff and they were claiming that you could leave your ride in the garage for two weeks and there wouldn't be any dust on it. I thought right there that that was the big pile of Bull I had ever heard. But you still have to check these new products out but I kind of figured it was a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have been using Bike Spirit Cleaner and Polish, come in a 14 ounce can and I use about 1 can a season up here in Michigan. You can put it on anything on the bike, car or whatever and it leaves nothing behind and is great on bugs and keeps my ride looking nice for about $6.95 a can. For the price of that F11 I could pay for 6 or 7 years worth of the stuff I use.

$6.99 at J&P Cycles plus shipping, $12.11 at Amazon free shipping with Prime, looks like a good price though for a good cleaner on a road trip, got good marks from comments.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I personally like Topcoat, but no, you'll have to wipe the dust off your bike if it sits a while. It cleans pretty good, but for stuck on, hard or sticky bugs, it requires a couple of spray downs to get the bugs off. What works better is Lemon Pledge. Let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes, and then it will pretty much wipe off all the old bug remnants. I follow up with Topcoat.

After my supply of Topcoat is used up, I may re-evaluate my use of the product, but for right now it does a good job. But it is expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone tried this new TopCoat? They say you can leave your bike sit in the garage and not a spec of dust will stick to it. It sounds a little far fetched to me but I am not one to turn my nose up at something that may have potential. If you have used this on your bike please send us a review of your thoughts on the product!!!!
I use it on my bike all the time. The matte stays matte and the gloss on other bikes really shine.
So far, everything I've used it on, it's worked well. My wife likes what it does to the granite countertops and it's especially good on bike plexi windshields. Yes, it's ridiculously, hideously expensive.

Rok

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did a ton of research on these products. I chose Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant. Just washed the bike and sidecar with Dawn dish soap. Easy on and off and looks great all winter long in Massachusetts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts