GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a F4 shield. Got the +2 tinted size. So far I like it but it is tight moving the shield up or down

·
Registered
427 Posts
Got a F4 shield. Got the +2 tinted size. So far I like it but it is tight moving the shield up or down
It may be a tad tight to move. I like my F-4 but wish it had the rake of the Tulsa.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The F4 +2 is the same thickness as the OEM windshield, so it should operate just about the same. Maybe he got one of the slides a little tight. When I get back, bring it over here and it should be a quick fix.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I'm sure you won't be sorry on that purchase. Very nice shield.
Like jackjohn said the tightness can be easily fixed. Also, I got soft velcro with mine. Takes a little while to seat in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?465025-Aftermarket-Windshield-Question

Maybe I should have posted this question over here.

I am having the same issue with a different brand shield and it appears to be an issue with how the bottom of the aftermarket windshield is molded. Needless to say at this point I am less than impressed with something that is supposed to be better than stock but is actually worse at this point.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have a +2 tinted and it's tight too.. but it's the extra layer of velcro that makes it that way. So far I love it!

matt

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
The F4 +2 is the same thickness as the OEM windshield, so it should operate just about the same. Maybe he got one of the slides a little tight. When I get back, bring it over here and it should be a quick fix.
The F4 is quite a bit thicker than the OEM windshield. I installed a Honda OEM vent in place of the one that came with the F4, and I had to take my router and remove about 3/32 of material to get it to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts