GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to try the F4 windshield, or equivalent.
I read somewhere that there was a lower priced version.
Can't find it now.
My understanding is that they are a little thicker and hard to adjust.
I also wonder if I can use my OEM air vent in those.
Thanks for any help.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
Beleive its called optic armor- i'm real happy with my f4 so if made with same v stuff should be happy =less money

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have had the Optic Armor +4 with vent on for a little over a year now and love it!

Same spec wind screen as the F4 but longer warranty and cheaper!!! I think mine was $289 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Does it eliminate helmet buffeting?

I like to look through the windshield- with stock one all the way up I look about 2" down from the top - and I have about 2" of buffeting at the top of my helmet-suggestions on height- I was thinking 2" plus. Thoughts?
thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am looking to try the F4 windshield, or equivalent.
I read somewhere that there was a lower priced version.
Can't find it now.
My understanding is that they are a little thicker and hard to adjust.
I also wonder if I can use my OEM air vent in those.
Thanks for any help.
I have the Optic Armor +4 and I love it. It is easy to clean and does not scratch easily at all. The only problem I have is with the velcro they sent with it to go under the base of the shield. I cleaned tihe old glue very well but the velcro slipped down in one spot and up in another spot. Some other members may have suggestions on a different tape to use. I paid $290 with vent and shipping.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just rode home with my new Optic Armor standard with vent.

I didn't make a direct comparison to the OEM but it looks to be the same thickness.

A couple years ago, I looked at an F4 shield and it appeared noticeably thicker.

Am I going bonkers or is the Optic Armor thinner than the F4?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts

I didn't make a direct comparison to the OEM but it looks to be the same thickness.

A couple years ago, I looked at an F4 shield and it appeared noticeably thicker.

I don't think it is as I am pretty sure Optic Armor is the manufacturer of the F4 shields.....

I could be wrong but don't think so.

·
Registered
386 Posts

The Optic Armor has the exact same specs as F4. The thickness is the same.

·
Registered
847 Posts

Don they changed the F4 about 3 yrs ago, it's now the same thicknesses OEM and uses the stock vent. The older ones used a vent from the 1500 because they were thicker. I have the F4 on my 12, won't put anything else on. The one on my 04 had over 60,000 miles on it with no scratches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe the F4 is thicker than stock in one size only the +4. All other sizes are stock thickness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts