GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to a rally soon and will buy a new windscreen I was wondering what would be the best height to buy the +2 or the +4 I would like to keep some of the wind off of the wife it possible. At highways speeds she get a lot more than is comfortable.

Sonney

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
You need to consult w/the F4 people for help on this.
A lot has to do with how tall you and your wife sit above the seat.
A taller/wider than stock windshield helps.
The best wind protection includes Baker hand wings(mount below the mirror) and Baker upper/lower air wings along w/ the taller wider windshield.
You are still going to get wind, especially riding in x-winds. You will also be buffeted by wind off large vehicles passing you going in the opposite direction.
You will also still be buffeted by following larger vehicles.
Nature of riding a motorcycle!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I would go with the +4...........since it would be 2" taller then the +2..... I have the +4 and I have been happy for the +3 years of having it installed and it still looks new. My son that is 5'6" and he also has no complaints.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I think the height is a personal thing. I use an F4+4 and I am 5'9" tall. I use to insist on looking over the shield, but no longer. For convenience, the F4 is nice because you can pretty much clean it with anything. I won't get a vent next time...it just gets in my way when cleaning.

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
I like the oem height
I like wind it is a motorcycle
if you want less get +2

·
Registered
741 Posts
Most any of them will keep the wind off the rider but for me, the +4 keeps most of the wind from hitting my wife in the head. That is the first of the 4 shields I have tried that does that.

I have a friend who has one and they said the same thing.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
LOVE my F4 +4....

They are good folks and will fit you. I rode up on my bike, they looked at how I fit the bike and +4 was a perfect match. That was three years ago and the windshield still looks new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts