GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, obviously my CRS is kicking in, but I cannot for the life of me remember who makes the F4 windshield for the GL1800..... sigh. I remember someone posting about it and was impressed with what I read, but did not mark a web page or anything where it was from.

So, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that helps.

If they didn't cost so darn much you'd be much more likely to get one....LOL.

Mac

·
Registered
245 Posts
breaktrack said:
Thanks, that helps.

If they didn't cost so darn much you'd be much more likely to get one....LOL.

Mac
For whatever it is worth, I got mine at Honda Homecoming, and love it to death.

S

·
0 Posts
Why are these sheilds better than others? they are ridiculously more expensive than a lot of shields offered. I think that you can buy a windbender for the scratch their asking?
Scott

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
scott6scooter said:
Why are these sheilds better than others? they are ridiculously more expensive than a lot of shields offered. I think that you can buy a windbender for the scratch their asking?
Scott
The F4's are virtually indestructible, or so they claim.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Was thinking about one - sent an email with three questions. Took a week to get an answer. Guess I will forget it - I can be ignored other places.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Trykster:
You have one on your '06 trike? If so, can you adjust it?

I have their +2 w/vent on my '06, and have to keep it most of the way up, or the vent hits my dash. The windshield itself does a great job with rain and bugs, so I use it anyway. However, I shot an e-mail to F4 letting them know of the situation. No belly-aching, just a heads-up kind of e-mail. No "thanks, we will check into it", or nothing. IR HARRY isn't the only one that feels ignored.

Yeah, I know I could just pick up the phone, but I just thought I would let them know about their shield w/vent not really fitting my '06 "just right". If I have problems, maybe other's '06s do as well.

B

·
0 Posts
IR Harry said:
Was thinking about one - sent an email with three questions. Took a week to get an answer. Guess I will forget it - I can be ignored other places.
The email problem is that F4 is a family owned business (the 4 Franks) and Dave (the main sales son) is in college and is swamped with his studies and thus slow to respond to email. I know them and they don't mean to be slow to reply. I'll call and remind him that folks are interested.

Meanwhile, since I have had mine for a while, if you have any questions you could email me and I'll try to answer them.

scott6scooter said:
Why are these sheilds better than others?
To me, the best feature is the way the F4 sheds rain so I can look through it when riding in the rain. And, I don't know how much it helps, but I put Rain-X on mine. It also is very easy to clean. I use Windex. If you get any tar on it, you can clean it off with acetone or lacquer thinner.

I have changed my story about using gas station scrubber/squeegees though. Be careful if you are going to use one of these. You never know if there might be something nasty hiding in there. I did put a scratch in mine last Sunday. The scrubber looked fairly new, but I guess there was something in it that put a fine scratch in my shield. It isn't bad and you can only see it when riding into the sun, but it's there. So, for the sake of my expensive shield I will stay with my Windex and micro-fiber cloths. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
The email problem is that F4 is a family owned business (the 4 Franks) and Dave (the main sales son) is in college and is swamped with his studies and thus slow to respond to email. I know them and they don't mean to be slow to reply. I'll call and remind him that folks are interested.

Meanwhile, since I have had mine for a while, if you have any questions you could email me and I'll try to answer them.
Thanks, but got an answer now. Here is both the question--

Thinking about one of your windscreens for a GL1800 +2 with vent. First, why will the stock Honda vent not fit the hole? Second, can you cut the hole about one inch higher that the stock location in the windscreen? And last, does the F4 maintain the adjustability of the OEM windshield?

And the answer

Our windshield is thicker than the stock OEM shield is. As far as placement of the vent, it is already cut on a 5 axis CNC router. Last, the stock and +2'' remains full adjustability.

Thanks! Dave Frank

Answered the questions well, just slow. Too bad they won't move the hole - I would have ordered one. So, off to look at something else.

·
Registered
149 Posts
M&M said:
Trykster:
You have one on your '06 trike? If so, can you adjust it?

I have their +2 w/vent on my '06, and have to keep it most of the way up, or the vent hits my dash. The windshield itself does a great job with rain and bugs, so I use it anyway. However, I shot an e-mail to F4 letting them know of the situation. No belly-aching, just a heads-up kind of e-mail. No "thanks, we will check into it", or nothing. IR HARRY isn't the only one that feels ignored.

Yeah, I know I could just pick up the phone, but I just thought I would let them know about their shield w/vent not really fitting my '06 "just right". If I have problems, maybe other's '06s do as well.
My appoligies to F4. I received a very nice reply to my e-mail today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts