GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the upper-half of a Madstad windscreen for the F6B. I bought it by mistake thinking it was for a Gold Wing. The two are slightly different.
It measures 12 - 3/4” high at the center-line. Perfect condition.
Cost was $120 plus shipping. asking $85 plus shipping from 75154.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The windshield is clear.

There is a slight difference between the two. I bought the F6B set without realizing it wasn’t for my GW. I was able to install it but when I bought a taller upper, it had a different hole pattern and could not be installed.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I notice the sizes for F6B are: 11", 13", 15" and 17", while sizes for 2001-2017 GW are 12", 14" and 16". So I wondered if there was a difference otherwise. I also notice they are cut short, at least mine and yours were; my 14" was 13.625", and your 13" is 12.75". Not sure why that is.

What, specifically, is the difference between F6B and GW that makes them non-interchangeable?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it is the spacing of the mounting holes and their location relative to the top/bottom of the shield. Mine is 3-3/4” between the top & bottom holes and 13-1/2” across between holes.
There wasn’t a lot of difference but it screwed me up when I ordered a taller screen. The top piece I ordered for a GW did not fit my mount and that’s when I realized i’d purchased one from a F6B.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I believe it is the spacing of the mounting holes and their location relative to the top/bottom of the shield. Mine is 3-3/4” between the top & bottom holes and 13-1/2” across between holes.
There wasn’t a lot of difference but it screwed me up when I ordered a taller screen. The top piece I ordered for a GW did not fit my mount and that’s when I realized i’d purchased one from a F6B.

Mine is 4-3/4" between top & bottom, and 12" across. So now we all know the difference!

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.