GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new F6B and decided to give the Darkside a try next. I bought a 2014 GW trike takeoff wheel & Tire (New Bridgestone) with the Boobs still on, and the rear wheel has a TPMS for $200 delivered.... The F6B has no TPMS. I bought a Bridgestone Driveguard Run-Flat 195/55/16 for $118 delivered. I have a tire shop that will take off the factory tire from the GW rim for $5 and install the Driveguard for $5 and throw in the ceramic tire beads that I provide while installing. Since the F6B has no TPMS, should I remove the TPMS from the GW rim when installing the Driveguard ? or how would I get a sensor for the TPMS within a reasonable costs that would read the the factory GW wheel TPMS. Or should I just ignore the TPMS in the wheel and not give it any concern ? The Driveguard has some of the stiffest sidewalls I have ever seen on a car tire that was not a truck tire. It says that it is made with the same compounds as the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus which rates a better quality rating on wet, dry, turning and noise than the Alpin or Falken ect... on TireTrack site for the Turanza. It states a 60,000 mi warranty for the Driveguard ? Tire PSI for running this would also be appreciated. Mostly highway riding or in town in Central FL. Mountains couple times a year.
http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20140407/NEWS/140409926

·
DSI Keeper
9,229 Posts
You can use the sensor on your F6B with no issues. I would be interested in buying your sensor if you decide to not use it and just install a patch boy style 90* stem. BTW, welcome to the darkside! :thumbup:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use the sensor on your F6B with no issues. I would be interested in buying your sensor if you decide to not use it and just install a patch boy style 90* stem. BTW, welcome to the darkside! :thumbup:
What would I need to buy to use the TPMS ?? Is there something I would install on the dash ?? I have never had a vehicle with one before.
Would it have to be a Honda only product since it is a factory Honda TPMS ?? or is there an aftermarket item that would work with it ? By the way... I was born in WV.

·
DSI Keeper
9,229 Posts
The Goldwing has wiring and a receiver built in, along with the appropriate indicators in the dash. I haven't looked closely at the F6B dash, but the far left two amber lights are used for the TPMS warning on the Wing. BTW, you were born in a great state! :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.