GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to steal the thread below on face protection, but can somebody tell me??????????

Why do a lot of the V-Twin riders wear a bandana or "skull" face mask and then......
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

ride in shorts, sneakers, and a tank top??????????:shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Most, not all, V-twin riders mostly want to be seen. And so the shock of seeing someone with a skeleton face mask on is a thrill for them, more probably than twisting up the throttle on those bikes. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm not a pshrink but it all goes along with the "image". In my opinion they want to be the bad boy. They do this to keep people at a distance so that they don't find out that in truth they're either afraid or just like everyone else.

LAW

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I wear a bandanna on my face , look like I'm going to rob a bank , only wear it on long trips riding all day protection from sun

·
Banned
792 Posts
They do not like to wear full face helmets but do not like getting hit is the face with bugs, rocks and bees. I know from experience because I did not like to wear those silly face rags in the past and now I would not ride with anything but my full face. And it makes the young ones look scary as is the image they like.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Because of Pirate Peer Pressure?

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used to ride a VTX 1300R model and now ride the F6B but I too ride in a tank top, jeans and boots. I figure hopefully, I will do more riding and less sliding so I wear the tanktop. If it starts to rain, then I put the face mask (black, no design) on to help with the rain as my arms are like steal cables but my face is baby butt soft. Have I had the pleasure of road rash, yes on my arms and shoulder, and it heals. I read on the internet that chicks dig scars and you know the internet is the truth!

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts