GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Nolan 102 and like it, but no matter what the temp, or weather conditions, the shield seems like it is constantly fogging. I cracked it a notch, but that defeats the purpose. Has anyone found a good solution? If it's a cleaning product.....I have half a bottle of most everything ever mentioned on this board. A buddy suggested a trip to a scuba diving shop, but that sounds extreme. TIA

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 102 and the added piece inside the lens stopped the fogging,something about the double layer. my glasses still fog but not the shield

·
Registered
95 Posts
i've been very pleased with the fog city hyper optix shield liner. it allows me to ride night and day without having to change the shield and the anti-fogging works well. like others, though, i wear glasses and that's a bit of an issue. i have a cat so maybe i'll try a bit of cat crap on em at some point. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Anti-Fog

A couple of years ago, I bought a stick of wax-like substance at a MC show that is supposed to keep the inside of your visor from fogging. I don't remember what it was called, but it really works well.

I also use it on our sunglasses, and the inside of our SCUBA masks. I apply it once a year, and never think about it again.

Cloud9

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
at any good sporting good store, or dive shop, they sell synthetic spit, wipe it in before you ride and it will work pretty good for you, human spit only works well in the diving mask apllication, for those of you that would ask that next.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nolan N102

I've had my 102 for about a month now and it doesn't fog at all (glasses still do). I have the extra shield piece in place as D. E. suggested and that seems to be what does the job. It did take me a while to figure out how to take off the shield to attach the extra piece. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, but what does the "extra" piece look like? I saw the covers to eliminate the tinted shield, but don't remember any other parts

PS: I thought the Cat Crap was a joke, but it's ordered. The reviews sound pretty solid

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Last Jan I went to a BIG M/C show at the Convention Ctr. in D.C., and while there, I bought some Zooke Anti-Fog, both the spray and the wax types. It seems to work pretty well, as long as I take the time to use it. :roll: If I remember, had to use it about every other time I rode during cold weather. Also used it on my sunglasses but, SORRY, :oops: don't remember if it was effective. :roll:

www.zooke.com

Todd

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was able to get an attachment for my helmet. Zero fogging, keeps the nose and mouth nice and warm. Never have to open the sheild due to fog. You might check with Nolan to see if they make a similar accessory.

WGW

·
Registered
917 Posts
It's called a breath box. Several helmet manufacturers have them for their helmets. I used to use fog-x on my Nolan and then I found a Scorpion helmet. It's not the most expensive, but the visors are fog proof (at least clear and grey tint) and they switch back and forth easily. I really enjoy it. I've yet to find a really quiet helmet and wear plugs when I ride over 5 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yep, the Scorpion visors really work well!! :D

J

·
0 Posts
sammisgrammy

Your N102 standard clear face shield should have two pins on the inside surface, one on each side. They are used to hold the Nolan VPS anti-fog system inner shield. It works very well and the only draw back is it is not as clear as it should be. Perhaps they have improved the clarity since last December. In any event if you look at the pic on this link of the Fog City film product the shaded area is the shape of the Nolan VPS inner shield. http://www.helmetharbor.com/fogcity/fogcityinfopage.htm I am going to try this product in our Shoei X-11s since it does not require pins or drilling. I have heard or read somewhere that you can purchase the same system Nolan uses as a stand alone product but you have to install the pins in your shield. I'am not pursuing that because of the not so clear vision issue.

·
Registered
253 Posts
face shield

---Another cheap fix. Remove your face shield and clean it. Then put about a quarter size amount of dish washing liquid on the inside. Rub it in till youv'e covered all of the inside. Let it set for 3-4 min. Then wipe it just enough to get it clear. This can last up to 4-5 days. I ride year round. Really helps!! 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts