• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question, gents...

Are you an active* user of Facebook?

* For definition purposes, active means you have logged into the system (Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus) once in the last 30 days.

·
Registered
792 Posts
24/7 logged into FB on my phone. My kids post pics of the grandkids all the time. Get to see them all.

Our local ride groups use events to notify of group rides and RTE.

Most of the immediate family is 1800 miles away. FB lets us know of major events in their lives.

I do turn off notifications from those folks who insist on sharing their lunch choice everyday.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good stuff from my Eastern neighbors "Goldwingers of Wisconsin" on FaceBook

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Never been on facebook in my life...........

My camping friends that lives on a very quiet street, used to get on this "facebook" thingie, and BRAG/TELL THE WORLD about everytime they went out camping, where they were going, and when they were going to be home... Well, OF COURSE now when they were gone, their house gets broken into, and totally stole everything that they had that was worth any amount money...When they returned home, they found the home ransacked and almost empty.....They lost almost EVERYTHING!

Why take any chances and broadcast your life for to see..............STUPID!

Ronnie

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
I'm active on FB, but I don't post everything I do all the time. Especially when I'm away from home I don't post about it. I'll wait until I get home and post a picture or two.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm active on FB, but I don't post everything I do all the time. Especially when I'm away from home I don't post about it. I'll wait until I get home and post a picture or two.
Yeap, same here. No sense in broadcasting that you're not home

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yeap, same here. No sense in broadcasting that you're not home
Psychology is your friend!

Facebook vacation post:

"While I am on vacation, I have a good friend who comes over twice a day to feed the dogs. They all know him well. Those six Rottweilers get awfully aggressive when a stranger wanders near the property. There are warning signs posted everywhere, of course. The electronic fence and the shock collars will normally keep them within the property lines, unless something really motivates them to cross the line in pursuit of something or someone they don't like. Then all bets are off..."

Joe

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
No Facebook!

Donnie

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I may post on FB that I'm on vacation or out to dinner somewhere but a stranger cannot see the post on FB unless I allow it. Even if they do asee the post, they can't find out my home address as that info is hidden on FB. Unless my account is hacked, I determine what people can and can't see on FB. Outside of FB, the main thing telling people I'm gone is when my 40' toyhauler is gone and I can't do anything about that. My house and possessions, however, are well insured so if I get kicked in I get new stuff. Win-win.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
My daughter and one of my sons are FB users, and I tell them It's a communist plot....Social media is there to get all the family members pissed at each other. I personally have no use for social media.... nice and quiet and I'm not getting pissed at someone's Tweet or FB post. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Yes I'm active on Facebook, but don't share any personal information. I also have it to where only people I'm friends with can see my post. I only accept friend request from true friends, not just people I know of. I also have a Facebook page for my business that is more open, it's been a good way to promote the business and to receive feedback from my customers.
It is what it is, it can be used for good or bad. You just have to take safeguards to protect yourself.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I have a Facebook account but quit using it a long time ago.

They should change the name from Facebook to StalkMe.com

My wife however is a Facebook addict.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Never been on facebook in my life...........

My camping friends that lives on a very quiet street, used to get on this "facebook" thingie, and BRAG/TELL THE WORLD about everytime they went out camping, where they were going, and when they were going to be home... Well, OF COURSE now when they were gone, their house gets broken into, and totally stole everything that they had that was worth any amount money...When they returned home, they found the home ransacked and almost empty.....They lost almost EVERYTHING!

Why take any chances and broadcast your life for to see..............STUPID!

Ronnie
If your friend posted that travel information on this site, he would be vulnerable to the the same thing. It's not a Facebook issue. User common sense a necessity on all posts no matter what site.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After a bit over 24 hours, the split is interesting...

Honestly, I would have expected more in the 'no' camp - particularly here.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts