GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one of you guys email me the install instructions for a factory cb (from Wingstuff)? thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you are asking for 2012+ CB install instructions, they are completely different than the thread linked above.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
It helps forum members to help you if you would put the year of your GL in your profile or in your signature. Just a suggestion. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
It helps forum members to help you if you would put the year of your GL in your profile or in your signature. Just a suggestion. :thumbup:
I agree. A lot of posts do not show the year of the bike. Hard to help without knowing this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Guys, another senior moment! I have a 2013 Goldwing.
thanks.:oops:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Hey guys...he did put this thread on the 2012/13 board!:doorag:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey guys...he did put this thread on the 2012/13 board!:doorag:
Indeed he did. That is why I made the statement earlier about if he wants 2012+ the link provided is different.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hey Recon228:

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you the Honda pdf Installation Instructions for CB Radio P/N 08E95-MCA-100B, for GL1800 after 2010, Publication No. MII 13574, Issued February 2011. The Honda P/N for the Instructions is 08E95-MCA-1000-9B. What is actually more an issue is the installation instructions for the antennae; but I'll have to scan the copy I have at work on Wednesday if you need that . . . and I'd guess that you will.

This forums pdf size limit is very small . . . unfortunately . . .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Recon228:

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you the Honda pdf Installation Instructions for CB Radio P/N 08E95-MCA-100B, for GL1800 after 2010, Publication No. MII 13574, Issued February 2011. The Honda P/N for the Instructions is 08E95-MCA-1000-9B. What is actually more an issue is the installation instructions for the antennae; but I'll have to scan the copy I have at work on Wednesday if you need that . . . and I'd guess that you will.

This forums pdf size limit is very small . . . unfortunately . . .
Thanks Blue, I got the install done everything seems to work fine. I am not sure if I am transmitting. I will get out on the road later for a radio test. Wingstuff sent some similar instructions but yours got me started.
The worst part of this job was putting the darn seat back on...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Thanks Blue, I got the install done everything seems to work fine. I am not sure if I am transmitting. I will get out on the road later for a radio test. Wingstuff sent some similar instructions but yours got me started.
The worst part of this job was putting the darn seat back on...
I had a hard time getting my seat back on after I installed mine. It was much harder than it was on my 06. When I had a chance to compare an 06 to a 12 seat, other than the obvious differences, the bottom of the seat where there is a tang that goes under the cross bar in the front has a bump, which makes it more difficult to get the seat situated right so that all bolts will go in. I ended up grinding that part down, and now installing the seat is just like it was on my 06. The tapered bolts, and a flash light is about all I need now to get it installed right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts