GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting closer to purchase!! I have a price from a Florida Dealer for 17,899 plus Dealer fees for a 09 yellow comfort/audio. Does this seem reasonable? I would like to support Hal but the idea of having to either ship or ride from Ohio to central Florida is a bit much for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jerry

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Jerry,

It really depends what the "Dealer Fees" are. $17,899 is an good price, but if the dealer wants to stick you with $600-$1000 worth of fees (and they have been known to do that), then I would go elsewhere.

While I try to give Hal as much business as possible, going all the way to Ohio (especially this time of year) is not very practical. Many of us have gone to see Ted at Honda of Sumter in Sumter, South Carolina. His price for a '09 Audio/Comfort is $17,899 OUT THE DOOR! PERIOD! NO OTHER FEES! Of course you have to pay sales tax when you get it back here to Florida.

http://www.hondaofsumter.com/new_ve...Manufacturer=1&Category=1&CatDesc=Motorcycles

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Hal is in South Florida. I'd give him a call, maybe you can work something out??
I don't think that store is still in business. Hal posted something about it going under after he sold it to another person.

Performance Honda in Winter Garden, Fl (West Orlando) had an 09 Yellow, Comfort, audio,navi, (no ABS) on the showroom floor Sat when I stopped by to get some Plexis. They also had an 08 Titanium they were trying to get rid of. If that yellow 09 had ABS I would have seriously thought about talking price with them. They usually go about 5 or 600 higher than the big volume dealers, saying it would cost you that much to go up and get it or ship it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fair price

Here are the numbers I have so far.
Base 17,899
> freight 389
> Build and Prep. 289
> Dealer fee 299
> tax 6%
> tag transfer 68.95

1000 bucks for "services" seems excessive to me
Jerry

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I don't understand how you can disrespect the Sponsor of this forum with your post of a dealers price without giving him a personal phone cal (posted on this web site) to match or better the offer frst. (even if he doesn't have the color (any) dealer can get you what you want!

I just don't get your you total disrespect :shrug:

I can see by your post count that you may be new here, but surley you could have looked around the site before you signed on.
IMOP

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
I don't understand how you can disrespect the Sponsor of this forum with your post of a dealers price without giving him a personal phone cal (posted on this web site) to match or better the offer frst. (even if he doesn't have the color (any) dealer can get you what you want!

I can see by your post count that you may be new here, but surley you could have looked around the site before you signed on.
IMOP
He's in MELBOURNE, FLORIDA! To get one from Hal, you have to go to SHADYSIDE, OHIO!!!! Where is the disrespect? They guy was asking if the price he was quoted was a good one. Hal understands he can't sell everyone a bike! Good Grief!!! Now if we were talking about "farkles," then you might have an argument. :roll: Besides, have YOU looked at the weather conditions in Shadyside? I HAVE! I wouldn't go all the way to Ohio this time of year! The weather is BAD!!!

Jerry,

Not everyone is like the previous poster. Some stupid comments you simply have to ignore.

I think the fees quoted to you are excessive. Like I mentioned, a lot of dealers do that. Fortunately, you'll still find a few that will hook you up. Personally, I would go elsewhere. You might have to make a short trip, but the ride home would be fun!

G

·

IMOP

Is it the administrator's intent or Direct Line Part's intent to sensor this forum or otherwise regulate it's content? I fully appreciate that Direct Line Part's is the sponsor of this forum and I would speculate that Direct Line Part's is not completely sponsoring this forum out of the goodness of their hearts. If I had to guess this would be covered on their IRS tax filing as "cost of doing business" i.e. advertising. Many folks going to spend $20K want to be reasonably sure in their own minds that they are spending wisely. I did call Fred in Ohio and he told me they didn't have anything I was looking for but could order what I was looking for at X price. I found what I was looking for 90 miles away at $1K less than Fred's price. It's good for Direct Line to know what other folks are charging for like product, competition is a great thing. I don't think it's disrespectful to Direct Line Parts to toss quotes around, it's competitive information for Direct Line to consider. I think if Fred can better what somebody is talking about on-line than Fred should PM that member and see if he can pull the business in his direction.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Getting closer to purchase!! I have a price from a Florida Dealer for 17,899 plus Dealer fees for a 09 yellow comfort/audio. Does this seem reasonable? I would like to support Hal but the idea of having to either ship or ride from Ohio to central Florida is a bit much for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jerry
Which Cent. Fla. dealer. I bought an '08 Stage one for for $17.2K (that included all fees) at Seminole Powersports. I live in Fla. part of the year and I did get in contact with somone Hal told me to e-mail first. Their price may have been a little better but I had the issue of a trade and didn't want to drag it 800 miles North for a possible no-deal.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I also bought an 08 from seminole power sports,didnt want to drag a trade in out of state due to time restraints called work.I was pleased with seminole power sports.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Here are the numbers I have so far.
Base 17,899
> freight 389
> Build and Prep. 289
> Dealer fee 299
> tax 6%
> tag transfer 68.95

1000 bucks for "services" seems excessive to me
Jerry
The way I look at, when I ask for a price I expect it to include everything except tax and license fees. If a dealer gives me a price, and then starts playing games by coming back with additional fees, I walk away. In this case the price is not $17,899 it's $18,876.

When I purchased my 09 air bag in October I got $3,299 off list price from the local dealer, with no additional fees. $17,899 sounds like a deceit price, I think $18,876 is too high.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That dealer's price doesn't sound outrageous. Sure, you cuold beat it a few hundred, or maybe even a thousand. But, it may be a good price in your neighborhood.

I'd go to e-bay, look at new specials within 100 miles, and use that to negotiate.

..or at least try to snag some good prices on installed options.

Have fun!

Ken

·
Registered
150 Posts

IMOP
There is no disrespect in the the mans post, it's people like you that run people away. REAL DUMB !!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fair price

Thank folks for your comments. As stated, It simply is not convenient for me to go 800 miles in Feb. to buy a bike. The dealer here in Florida told me they would match internet prices but would have to charge there fees. That is why I asked him to break it out for me. I am still looking and as was previously posted, will be checking out Seminole power sports. They were on my list anyway. I an a Consulting Engineer and have been around sales since shortly after the Navy. I do not mind a dealer making a profit with in reason. My intentions are to weigh the cost of buying locally versus MS,SC or TN as that adds a cost of my travel to pick it up.
Again thank you for your advice and for those that came to my defense. As you have stated, I meant no disrespect.
Jerry

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Thank folks for your comments. As stated, It simply is not convenient for me to go 800 miles in Feb. to buy a bike. The dealer here in Florida told me they would match INTERNET prices but would have to charge there fees. That is why I asked him to break it out for me. I am still looking and as was previously posted, will be checking out Seminole power sports. They were on my list anyway. I an a Consulting Engineer and have been around sales since shortly after the Navy. I do not mind a dealer making a profit with in reason. My intentions are to weigh the cost of buying locally versus MS,SC or TN as that adds a cost of my travel to pick it up.
Again thank you for your advice and for those that came to my defense. As you have stated, I meant no disrespect.
Jerry
Performance Honda in Winter garden has been known to match prices on the INTERNET Southern Powersports with a $600. dealer fee total. I costs about that much to fly up there and drive it home. About 1 and 1/2 hours from you. ask for Dan

I have no relation ship with them except they gave a great price on my '07

John

·
Registered
825 Posts
Using This Forum

Man, the way some people react, you would think you could'nt or should'nt use this forum if you don't buy everything from Hal becaise of his board sponsorship. I have no problem with checking with or buying anything from Hal, but I don't want some mis-guided bleeding heart to try to make me feel guilty if I don't. I understand that this is the gl 1800 riders forum but then if you use this forum it becomes the you must buy from Hal forum according to some. There is no telling how much Hal has made from this venture and well deserved I'm sure, but it is open to everyone to express an opinion or to ask a question and I would think without the written or unwritten obligation to buy anything from anyone.

So enough of trying to impress Hal with your loyalty, it doesn't get you any better pricing, just stick to the subject and please don't keep insisting anyone get on a guilt trip because they didn't post a comment that included doing business with Hal. Sorry, just had to vent because I have seen those comments way too many times.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Bluejerry, make sure you get out the door prices, I would also talk to hal

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
It's an OK deal. It's about what I paid for mine. I was just over 20k out the door if I remember right. I didn't buy from HAL either. I would like to have, but time doesn't allow the travel a lot of times.

BTW. We just got another 3-5 inches of snow here. Would make for a bad ride back to FLA. hahaha

·
Registered
627 Posts
I sometimes wonder if these post are made by a bitching woman. LOL, LOL. Or are they made by a bunch of grumpy old farts. Free enterprise is a good thing. The people that service my bike know I didn't buy it from them and the owner and general manager are friends of mine but told me they could not match the price I got but I am still a welcome customer or lounger drinking free coffee.

·
Registered
2016 f6b
508 Posts
Jerry
Honda of russelville,arkansas.17,685 no fees,just taxes for your state and title.although yellow maybe hard to get.Just had two friends by bikes there last week.I will be buying one there in less than a month.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts