GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being frugal and an old boyscout from many years back I hit upon a really inexpensive comfortable bed for those short outings when campgrounds are available and the budget is a bit tight.

You don't need a trailer just not bring so much stuff in the saddlebags and trunk.

The plastic infaltable bed as seen on TV but less expensive model like those at Wally World. Some have plug in rechargable battery pumps others are powered by D cell batteries.

Just take 1 or 2 tarps along big enough to put under the bed and one big enough to cover the bed with you on it.

Works great if you get caught in the rain. Most ladies won't go for this neadrathal camping but for a single up guy it beats Motel Six expense.

Best part is you don't have to carry a tent, the tarp is your tent and if you use the campgrounds facilities its not an issue. Once your asleep you don't know your on the ground at all, the mattress is only as hard as you like and your super insulated because of the air space of the bed.

I'm sure there are those that would never get on a blow up bed and cover themselves with a plastic tarp but I'm betting there are a few that like my idea.

To those frugal brave souls I salute you.

Scout motto "Be Prepared"
Scout Slogan "Do a Good Turn Daily"

Next to the service my friends tell me, the best were those years spent in the Boy Scouts. I know it was really cool when I was particapating. Still know the Pledge too.

Buck Yellow Wing

8) :lol: :goflag: :yw1: :22yikes: :excited: :unclesmile:

G

·
0 Posts
good topic. I've done some of my best outdoor sleeping just putting a sleeping bag on top of a tarp on the ground. Night in the mts are awesome! Just be careful of booger men :shock:

·
Registered
21,023 Posts
I have slept pretty darn well on the seat of my 1500 a couple times. Now days I seem to go for the luxury of a $25 7x7 dome tent and recently purchased an AIR MATTRESS and battery operated pump.

G

·
0 Posts
Nothing like stopping at a Hilton about 4pm, shower and a steak dinner with wine. Up in the morning at the crack of 10 o'clock and on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts