GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just wore out my 1st CT, Falken ran at 44psi. What do you think of the wear pattern? If it was from a car I'd say too much air.

·
Registered
130 Posts
how many miles?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
One of two possible problems. 1 to much air. 2 not enough twisty roads! That is exactly how mine wore @ around 15,000 miles!

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Yes I would say to much air also. Is it a RF tire and how many miles did you get out of it? Did you ride mostly freeway long distance, the edges look good.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Yes I would say to much air also. Is it a RF tire and how many miles did you get out of it? Did you ride mostly freeway long distance, the edges look good.
The Falken ZE-912 is not a run flat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is not a run-flat. Got around 22K miles of all LD touring! I should have the new Falken by Wednesday. So I guess I should lower pressure to about 42psi?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
It is not a run-flat. Got around 22K miles of all LD touring! I should have the new Falken by Wednesday. So I guess I should lower pressure to about 42psi?

Thanks
:thumbup: maybe even to 40 if you like the ride as far as sidewall flex or not flex depends on outlook !

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
22,000! That's great!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
655 Posts
If I were only to ride slab not hard in the twisties 35 to 30 is a comfy smooth (especially for 2nd up) number on BMT.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:thumbup: maybe even to 40 if you like the ride as far as sidewall flex or not flex depends on outlook !
If I were only to ride slab not hard in the twisties 35 to 30 is a comfy smooth (especially for 2nd up) number on BMT.
:agree: With Rail on the Falken!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts