GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday evening we lost a great friend ,leader & human being to the careless act of a drunken driver. RIP Mark, we will miss you !

http://www.thecreole.com/?p=24612

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sad indeed, prayers to the family. I wish they would stop calling these "accidents", the drunk got into his vehicle on purpose.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers to the family.
This scares me more then anything and, it seems to be happening more and more.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Sad indeed, prayers to the family. I wish they would stop calling these "accidents", the drunk got into his vehicle on purpose.
But, drinking and driving will never be taken serous, most all the judges and the law makers are drinkers.

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
r.i.p. prayers to the family . lost 2 family members 40 yrs ago to a ddd.=dam drunk driver !:cry::cry:

·
Registered
312 Posts
But, drinking and driving will never be taken serous, most all the judges and the law makers are drinkers.
Dont forget the Jury too... In all of my DWI cases that have gone to trial (3 of about 50), the Defense Attorney instructs the Suspect not to speak, and then says the slurred speech on the video is the Suspects normal speach pattern... Jury believes them, and that evidence is lost. All they have to rely on is the video, which the Defense Attorney blames the wind as an excuse for their poor innocent client to sway or loose balance during the tests, and the late hour as an excuse for the lethargic actions seen on video. Juries eat it up when someone makes the big scarry cops look bad, no matter how polite and professional they act.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Reactions

Wednesday evening we lost a great friend ,leader & human being to the careless act of a drunken driver. RIP Mark, we will miss you !

http://www.thecreole.com/?p=24612
My prayers go out to the family. It is so sad when lives are lost like this.

It also makes me redouble my efforts to not be one of those impaired or inattentive drivers that cause a tragedy like this. Driving under the influence of alcohol will never be a problem for me since I don't drink, but I have driven inattentively, and I'm not sure that is any better.

·
Banned
792 Posts
I hate to hear about these kinds of so called accidents. Many peoples lives are ruined and disrupted because of the acts of some jerk and the alcohol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Drunk Driving

I was on a jury on a drunk driving case. I was elected the foreman. I thought it was a slam dunk case. One woman said we were going to destroy his life and refused to vote guilty. Didn't matter about the life she destroyed.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sounds like he led an amazing life. Many live their lives and don't accomplish near what this fine man apparently did. I didn't know him, but they say the "masterpiece" you paint in your life becomes apparent quickly when you are called home. Tragic as his passing at such a young age is, the legacy of his life will I'm sure live on. Prayers to the family and friends and may they find peace in remembering all the better times.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sad news.
A vehicle is just as deadly as a gun in the hands of a irresponsible person, but yet there is no outcry to prevent these needless deaths caused by drunk driving.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
It is taken very very seriously around here. They call it murder.
Prayers to the family, what a waste.
Glad to hear it, it needs to be taken very serious everywhere.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Drunk Drivers

Sad news.
A vehicle is just as deadly as a gun in the hands of a irresponsible person, but yet there is no outcry to prevent these needless deaths caused by drunk driving.
Any one who kills someone while driving drunk is guilty of second degree murder!:eek:4:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I was on a jury on a drunk driving case. I was elected the foreman. I thought it was a slam dunk case. One woman said we were going to destroy his life and refused to vote guilty. Didn't matter about the life she destroyed.
That is very common. I have been on a jury twice and there is always one or two bleeding hearts.

I was called for jury duty but got rejected on a drunk driving situation. It is quite amazing to watch the lawyers set the stage. Any police officer or wife or relative of such, any health person such as doctor or registered nurse, any business owner or any manager of employees was instantly disqualified.

Even after being set aside, I sat and watched for about an hour, and watched the jury selection. They picked the low income, low brain power folks(no insult intended) if they worked at wally world or were unemployed, or were in jobs that did not require thinking for yourself, they were ideal picks.

Lawyers are quite clever, they know people, and how to sway them and who they can sway. It is not about justice, but about who can win.

This is quite common across our nation, responsible people are many times disqualified from drunk driving cases and police officers, health people, and firemen are disqualified with one question, please raise your hand if you fit this description, name please, you may go.

Is this legal......not sure, but it takes place each day. Some of the ones charged with DUI are on their fourth or fifth sit before a jury, and when they win this one, will find assistance for insurance so they can get out there and do it all over again until they do kill someone.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
That is really what we are up against... Morons. :evil:

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Wow...very sad news indeed.

Sounds like a wonderful human being. The kind that the world needs more of.

Also sounds like he spent his life looking to help others....that's the kind of life that leaves a legacy of pride to his family. I know they are hurting right now, but I also bet they are as proud as can be to have known a man with such character.

Prayers to the family and friends as they grieve and remember a great man.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sounds like he led an amazing life. Many live their lives and don't accomplish near what this fine man apparently did. I didn't know him, but they say the "masterpiece" you paint in your life becomes apparent quickly when you are called home. Tragic as his passing at such a young age is, the legacy of his life will I'm sure live on. Prayers to the family and friends and may they find peace in remembering all the better times.
+1. Very nicely put, and I agree 100%.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts