GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faring pocket power plug location for 06…..

Got one of these power sockets?

Want to put it in a 2006? I know where Honda intended to put them now. There is a reason why there is a 45 degree angle on the front right corner that the 01-05’s did not have. I made a simulation mock up the size of the plug and taped it to various locations and I found the sweet spot. (not the greatest pics, but it gets the idea across). The front will not work because of the “toe warmer” lever and cable. That corner tucks it off to the side where there will be no interference.

Here I am showing how you angle in the pocket with the mock up in place.

Here is where it would go from the inside.

Too late to drill it now, but it will be installed soon….. I’ll see if I can get better pics when it is daylight.

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
I think you reinvented the wheel! :wink: LOL... The box is already marked where to install a outlet. It is in the right upper front. The box is shaped different than previous years.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Try using the MACRO (usually a little icon of a tulip) function of your camera. BTW, the spot is marked on my '06 with a little raised dot on the outside of the pocket with a very faint circle around it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The same condition exists at the 10:30 corner in the 01. I don't know if it was intended but it works well.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked for marks and did not find anything. I also did a search here with like results……. So, I thought I would make sure others could find the correct location. Now, my search here should get a hit......

I have a cheap 2 mp digital. It works great for scenery and daytime shots but does crappy close up or inside. If I do not have to use flash and the result is bright enough, it is OK. If I need flash, it is washed out, but not using flash inside or at night makes it too dark. I still like my 35mm because of shutter speeds.....

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I found the intended mark......

OK, I found the “bump” and circle, however, that circle was way too small to allow me to think that this bump was the center point for the power plug hole. The plug is over an inch in diameter and the mark on the 01-05’s actually has a circle the size of the required hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts