GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the fuel door release, I’m afraid to use this for. anything else in there for fear of it falling out when I get gas. What do you use it for and how do you keep it there?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Garage door opener

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A small LED flashlight & tire gauge! No room for anything else ...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I keep a small plastic bag with some first aid items (some band aids, Advil etc) and some extra earplugs. My fuel door is held closed with magnets so I don't need to open the compartment to fuel up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
ziplock containing my insurance and registration. I have that attached to the side of the fuel door release. I like the LED flashlight idea. There is not alot of room for anything more

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Microfiber towel for wipe down windshield-face shield, small led light.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have a 2018 Gold Wing Tour Air Bag model, so I don't have the cubby storage area (the air bag resides there), but in the right side fairing storage area I store a folding hair brush, windshield cleaning bottle and squeegee and a pair of folding reading glasses and case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sunscreen

·
Registered
193 Posts
Extra Battery for the Sena or Phone,and a charger ,gas sales receipt and it's full.
wanted to use it for my sunglasses but the case wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a soft zippered eye glass case which fits perfectly and conforms to the uneven shape of the space. The case holds my registration, eye drops, tooth picks, eye glass cleaner, cleaner cloth and a few other small items.

Simply remove the case and I have access to all the items in a contained space.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Folding knife. Going to start keeping a flashlight and air pressure gauge. Will be easier access than where I currently have them. May start putting foam ear plugs in there, too. Lots of room for little stuff.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just keep a pair of reading glasses in mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I keep my key but like the comment above, I'm concerned it'll get lost some day.

I'm curious about using magnets on the fuel door. Can you please give us the how-you-did-it story?

Thanks.

Reactions: GoingGrey

·
Registered
506 Posts
I keep my key but like the comment above, I'm concerned it'll get lost some day.I'm curious about using magnets on the fuel door. Can you please give us the how-you-did-it story?

Thanks.
This may not be the solution for everyone but here is what I did. I installed my garage door opener under the center storage lid. I used a heavy piece of Velcro first, put the key in place and then put another piece of Velcro over it to hold the key in place. I then used a piece to secure the opener. When I pull in the driveway, I just open the center and hit the button and drive right in. They key is not going anywhere and will be available if it’s ever needed.

Attachments

Reactions: Largeandy

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I store my riding gloves and my small air gauge in the fairing. My gloves have a small Velcro strap on them and I put a Velcro strip in the faring to attach the gloves to. I also keep my spare earplugs in the faring. The earplug case is attached to the fairing by Velcro.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A small LED flashlight & tire gauge! No room for anything else ...
That just about sums up my list. I also have a small velcro strap that DCT's will not need (for my parking brake if on a good slope).

I also only open with eyes on it and contents and close it as soon as I am done because as stated in the opening post - everything can easily fall out. I almost think that the same designer came up with this pocket location that came up with the backwards air flow through the radiators of the prior model..... No clue about how physics operates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I keep my wallet/cell phone case in there. I usually keep my cell in my pocket.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts