GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see it now - getting ready for a nice Saturday ride, put on the genuine HD boots, leather jacket, leather pantie things and of course top it off with a dude rag or in this case baseball cap. You got that "biker" look thing going full speed.
So a bunch of "biker dudes" were cruising down a southern Minnesota roadway today enjoying the ride and look with the warm temps and full sun. It was a bit windy but they were cool and looking good, unfortunately up comes a gust of wind, biker dude ones hat flies off and hits biker dude two in the face. Biker one pull over to the side of the roadway slows to a near stop and hits the soft gravel shoulder and flops over. Biker two - follows and same result. Two bikes tipped over and two dudes scrapped up a bit but otherwise OK, both bikes also drivable but scratched up.

The lesson in all this - if you need so badly to be fashionable sleek some Velcro under the hat or wear one of those dude rag / snot rag deals. :lol:

True story - I guess near Mankato on this warm windy fall day.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Apparently there isn't a helmet law in Minnesota? I would think those that are "slaves to fashion" would be wearing a helmet that matches the bike anyway.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hm. A "warm" Minnesota fall day. Interesting concept. In July '86 my ship (USS Glover FF1098) stopped in Duluth for a three day port visit..July, now, not October. The temp was 46 degrees..so cold we shifted into winter uniforms. Nice place, very nice folk. But warm? No way. They do know what to offer visiting sailors..free beer and beaver bbq at the local VFW. Wouldn't mind going back..but in the summer, fella, in the summer.

Ride long and safe..and last June was in southern Minnesota..and most of the touristy stuff there hadn't opened up for the summer yet.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duluth - Wind blows from the east and it's 46, it blows from the west and it's 90. You picked the town of 4 seasons - all in one day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts