GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the videos when they first came out. My motivation was simply because of Fred's Pictoral reviews. Honestly (Mea Culpa Fred) I really NEVER looked at them (till today).

My goal for this winter is to put 2 bmw type of recepticles for my Gerbings dual controller, To replace/repair the semi botched Tulsa windshield (the rubber gasket at the bottom of the windshield really wasn't put in/on with care. It was put on by another shop in NH. Nice man but you gotta watch him. And to perhaps relocate the controls for the heat troller so I can also put heated grips on.

I looked at ONLY 2 sections of this DVD. Fred you are a very calm guy, something I really need to learn. Secondly I really like it that you make minor mistakes. I don't know if they were intended on your part to reinforce your point or not but they are something I will NOT forget. The 2 sectons were removing the front cowling and removing the top shelter.

Both are done very well. Neither is boring. And IMHO the money was worth it. I picked up some good hints of where to get cable routing hardware from Wally World. I picked up labeling the screws on the side of the top shelter. And I also know that both before and after I remove these 2 things I will go back to the DVD's and see how to reassemble them.

Thanks for your efforts Fred. I really appreciate now the true value of these DVDs.

NOTE: I am in NO way assocoated with Fred other than having the same first name. I was not paid by him to make these comments. I have never met this man. Nor has he met me.

FF

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You have posted what the rest of us video owners have not said enough!

THANKS FRED! YOUR THE GREATEST!

W

·
0 Posts
I to enjoy Fred's tapes .......and yes he does appear to be a calm guy.
Some of those minor mistakes you mention Fred made, I feel if that was me,
those tapes would give a new meaning of cusing with words not in your everyday dictionary.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Fred's DVD's

Fred H. for President. We would all be better off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts