GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
As a father of a 13 year old girl (and a 7 year old) I can certainly relate. Mine however, are tremendously interested in riding with me. The 7 year old still has to settle for the short one mile trip from her grandparent's house during the week. My oldest actually cancels her plans with friends to be with Dad on the bike. I'm truly blessed.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Very nice post! My dad had a Honda 50 when I was a little girl, but only took me riding on it a couple of times ("Girls shouldn't ride motorcycles, they might get hurt..."), and then just across the yard, and that doesn't even really count. I wish we had gone on some rides together.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I recently spent 13 days travelling/camping with my 20 year old daughter in the seat behind me on a trip from TN to WA for NASSIR 4. It was the best 13 days of my life! During the trip she said two things while riding along the twisting roads that stuck with me (and probably will for a long long time). Once she said "I guess I really am a Daddy's girl" and this was followed a day or two later with "Where are we going to go next year?".

I am a very lucky man!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have always taken the daughters on the bike and the wife would follow in the van to rallies. We had some great times and they still talk about it some 20 years later.
I now have 6 grand kids and the 12 year old grand daughter is with me whenever the wife doesn't ride (not too often because wife loves to ride.:) and the grand sons have all gone on week long trips with me (3 older boys) and I look forward to taking the two youngest grand kids riding when they get big enough. I am fortunate to have so many in the family that loves to ride, My wife has never wanted to have a bike of her own just likes to ride on back. This is just a hobby I know but it is one that I have enjoyed for the last 40+ years of riding and hopefully 40+ more to go (God willing:)
:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I am sooo blessed that my daughter enjoys spending time with me and loves to go for rides. This is my daughter and I on our trip to Nashville last year. I'd love to spend a week in CO with her.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My daughter has been riding with me since she was 3 or 4. I would slide back on the seat of the Kaw LTD and she would sit in front between my legs and put her little feet on the rocker covers. Of course I didn't drive like I do when I was by myself but it was zen good and a fond memory for both of us. She is now 31 and lives in Brooklyn. I took the wing out there last year and we explored all the boroughs. It was still just as heart warming having her in the backseat and still calling me daddy as she did 25 years ago.

My son is my boy till he takes him a wife,
My daughters my little girl all of her life.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My daughter is 16 and she and I went on a little afternoon ride through northeast Oklahoma, Soutwest Missouri and Nortwest Arkansas a while back. I gave her the camera and she documented it all from the back seat. 500 miles later, we arrived home from our little ride. She said "Dad, lets take a longer trip next time" and she meant it. What a girl!

·
Registered
618 Posts
7 sons...........dont know what you guys are talking about........frankly never want to know.......too much drama for me.:joke:

Seriously..........congrats to all of you who obviously love your girls..it is good to see and hear.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Great post! Here are pic's of my two about to start removing the engine in my oldest daughters car and then my youngest on the bike. Love my daughters!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm trying to put something together for a ride with my "little" girl. She's 26 now but will always be that "little" girl that knows all the words to all the classic rock I listen to!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had a chance to take my daughter with me to a convention in Salt Lake City this June. She flew from Boston to Sioux Falls. I picked her up at the airport, and as she said, we left all those poor "cagers" behind, and we rode 2,650 miles there and back. We really had a great time. This doesn't happen without a very understanding wife, she could not get away and she allowed me and our daughter to do this. No matter what happens tomorrow, next week or next year, we built some great memories on our ride. Kids are special, but my "little" girls are very special.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
When my daughter was 12, we took a trip to PA. and Washington DC. That was 27 years ago and we still talk about it today. Of all the trips I've been on, the best memories are from that one. She was and is, Daddy's little girl.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have two daughters and they both love to ride with me, if fact my youngest (will be 39 in a few days) is taking a day trip with me tomorrow to Mount Mitchell, we'll get a lot of the Blue Ridge Parkway and plan to eat in the MM State Park restaurant. My wife don't like riding as much as my daughter so they ride with me a lot, I just can't explain how much fun it is to ride with them and make memories that are at the top of the list with me. Here are a few photos of some of my trips with Jennifer (oldest 40) and Krystal (youngest 38).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
We have been riding as a family since 1995, my wife and son, now 21(my son not the wife) with his own bike, on her bike, and me and my daughter now 25 on the wing, we have been to almost every state in the good ole US of A, made some great memories and have lots of tales to tell, life don't get much better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts