GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a favorite of mine

... And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others

The Wizard of Oz, THe Wizard (Frank Morgan) to the "tinman" (Jack Haley)

MattILRed2002 :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Here is another not so famous quote - Let's see if anyone knows who originally said it.

Time is the final currency, not money, not power.
There will come a time in your life when you will give anything
for one more hour.

·
Registered
130 Posts

How about Eddie Bauer's Corp Slogan:

"Do Not Confuse Your Career With Having A Life"

or my Mother's:

"Worry is Interest Paid On Money Never Borrowed"

or (author unk)

"Life" is What Happens While You're Sweating the Small Stuff.

VA-Deano

·
Registered
258 Posts
storm said:
Time is the final currency, not money, not power.
There will come a time in your life when you will give anything
for one more hour.
- David Crosby

How about this one....

Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research.

S

·
0 Posts
gr8wing is the winner!!!

Very good - David Crosby wrote this in a song around the time of his near death. ( the last near death ) He required a liver transplant and was on the final edge of life.

He later formed a group with his son Raymond called - appropriately enough "CPR"

My wife and I have been a big fans of DC from way back to the BYRDs. He is the only famous person I have ever asked for an autograph (including Tiger) I'm not big on autographs I guess ..... :? - I met him at the Minnesota Zoo (concert) and had him sign his book - Long Time Gone. (Recommended reading) He has indeed had a colorfull life, but the voice is still as golden as ever.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Favorite Quotes:

1 - "Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy beer" My mom. 2- "Never do something stupid, quick" - unk aviator

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
There are a lot of good one....and mostly true...but I'm kinda partial to:

sh*t happens :22yikes:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Think about this one:

"Great people are common people who have committed themselve to uncommon goals!
Dr. Robert Schuller

·
Registered
656 Posts
"Let's make like a tree...... and get outa here! (Biff in Back to the Future) :luf1:

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Clint Eastwood to the bounty hunter in 'Outlaw Josey Wales'...."DIEIN AINT NO WAY TO MAKE A LIVIN"

·
Registered
656 Posts
Burl Ives to Chuck Conners and Gregory Peck before the duel in 'The Big Country' ......"IF ANYBODY CHEATS IT'S MY DUTY TO SHOOT EM DOWN LIKE THE DOG THAT THEY ARE"

·
Registered
823 Posts
It's not really a quote but more of a fact of life that I enjoy pulling on my friends. " True ugly strikes 1 out of every 3 people.....look to your right and then to your left......if you don't see it .........guess what !!!!! And now you know why I don't put my picture on my post !!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

and another

"You can't fix stupid"

markie

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Some favorite quotes

"If a man is to be called a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well." .... Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." .... Vince Lombardi

1 - 20 of 126 Posts