GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People ask me all the time what temperature do I prefer to ride in. My answer is always 65 degrees. It’s cool enough to be comfortable wearing all my safety gear, yet not so cool that I need supplemental heat. But, if I had a choice I’d always prefer riding in colder temps (down to about 25 degrees) than riding when it’s hot (above 85). What temperature do you guys prefer?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,594 Posts
I like the cooler temps also. My favorite is 75, but anywhere between 45 and low 80’s is good. Mid 80s and up I start getting uncomfortable, my body can’t handle the heat any more.

below 45 heated gear is great! I can handle that much easier than 90+

·
Registered
84 Posts
70-ish here. I also like the crisp fall mornings too t around 60 degrees. Anything above 85 with our summer humidity is still okay with the windshield down, but I have to almost plan on my phone overheating in that damned storage compartment on my 2018, but thats a story for another thread

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah, ditto what Monk said. I can't tolerate the heat much anymore. I'm good between 45 and 85. Today (Sunday) should be 65 and clear skies. (y) Let the riding begin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This would be a great poll question. I also prefer 60-70 F, with 65 F being just about perfect.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I love to ride. 70-90 I am good. You have to dress for the weather you ride in or it will be uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Above freezing with clear dry roads, I've been known to venture out. My problem is wind, and around here we get wind, a lot. Today it's supposed to be 63ish, but we've got winds around 20 MPH, give or take a few MPH. I hate riding on the sidewalls. My preference, 70 to 80.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Young, I rode rain, snow, scorching heat and my temp range was 32 - 90F. I noticed that my cold temperature range matched my age and the hot temp dropped 1/2 degree every year: ie in my 40s, I rode between 40 and 85. In my 50s between 50 and 80, in my 60s between 60 and 75. Now I just ride at 68!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Preferred temp between 65 and 80. With proper gear, any temp is fine...as long as it's dry road (if possible). If you ask my wife (passenger), anything under 80 is chilly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
The best temps for me are 65 to 80 degree range...but I ride all winter if there is no salt on the roads and the temps are in the 40's...summer temps dont stop me from riding..I just ride later in the day to avoid the suns stronger rays

·
Registered
166 Posts
65-80 for me. 15 years ago I thought nothing of going out for a ride as long as it was above freezing.
Now, at age 70, I don’t often consider riding unless it’s at least 50

1 - 20 of 63 Posts