41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
45-75, below 45 it is time for the heated vest

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
T-shirt, sandals and no helmet, 77-83. All the gear, 45-72.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Favorite temp probably 60-70 with a nice cool breeze, but will ride with temps from 35-110.
It's a rough job but somebody's got to do it. 😁

·
Registered
34 Posts
During Winter in NH, over 38F (but with sunny skies).
Almost any day, I prefer overcast and over 45F (mostly because it keeps me from getting a sunburn or having to apply sunscreen with a 3/4 helmet).

It helps to wear cold weather overpants to conserve all that heat lost on the legs.
Recently, I started wearing my Toggs rain jacket over my regular riding jacket with heated liner. It does a good job of keeping the wind out and feels more comfortable than a liner and heated liner under my jacket. I don't like all that clothing tight against my body. Rain jacket on the outside is more comfortable but doesn't feel as tight -- though I look quite a bit bigger :)

Ideal temperature is 65F and sunny -- it's magical (a ride on a nice day like that brings joy and laughter) and I make it a point to ride when I see that temperature. Even better would be with the lowest windshield possible (and I might try taking it off completely this Summer).

Over 90F in NH humidity, I can ride but it's not so pleasant.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Anything below 70, and I'm still using my heated grips. I'm happiest above 75, especially into the 80s. My mesh jacket and gloves allow for a nice cool breeze in the heat, but I really don't like being cold at all (I'm cold here at my desk, in a sport coat, at 74 degrees). Gerbing heated gear below 50 degrees, in increasing levels as the temps drop - jacket, gloves, pants.

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Ah prefurs t' ride 'n Fahrenheit 'cause that Celsius makes me cold jest'a think'n 'bout it.

prs

·
Registered
407 Posts
In Colorado with no humidity, and a Roadcrafter:
Perfect is 70,
Great is 45-80.
I'll ride from 25-105 (just need to change gloves, and add/remove a fleece layer or wet scarf).

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Kwthom/Pilot ..........Both were perfect comebacks (y)(thanks for the smile/as well as teaching)

Ronnie

41 - 60 of 63 Posts